News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Need Outbound Call Route for Obi1062

Started by KevKan, August 13, 2017, 10:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevKan

I have Phone Power for SP1 and GV for SP2 with PrimaryLine set to SP2. 

My objective is to force all outbound calls to SP2 except for 911 & 933 calls which would go through SP1, Phone Power, for E911.

Here is the route I set up:

{911:sp1},{933:sp1},{(<#:>):sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I inserted the rule "{(<#:>):sp2}" but it is not forcing calls to SP2 when I intentionally use Line 1(SP1).  This rule is a variation of one I had used on an Obi202 to force all non emergency calls out ph2.  It works there but not here.

Can someone please educate/straighten me out?

drgeoff

Looks like you have done a copy and paste from your 202 to the 1062.

{(<#:>):ph2} and {(<#:>):ph)

are used on a 202 or 302 (ONLY on those) to make a call to the phone on the other phone port.

Normally a lone # is used to give immediate access to a POTS line as on an OBi110 or a 200/202/302 with an OBiLINE.  As the single # was hijacked in the 202 as above, then the 202/302 use ## instead.

Hence I think your inclusion of the # and ## parts is erroneous.  (BTW the # one is identical in two places.)

The OBi phones have additional features for Emergency Calls.  See the section on page 100 of https://www1.obitalk.com/Downloads/dev/doc/OBiPhoneAdminGuide.pdf

KevKan

Good Eye!!   I fully acknowledge I did do a 'cut and paste', and a poor one at that.   I thought just simply changing the ph2 to sp2 would work.  The duplication came about when I was re-positioning the rule to the front and clicked on "Copy" rather than "Cut".   Thank you for setting me straight.

I had previously looked at the "Emergency Calls" provision in the Obi1000 Series IP Phone Administration Guide but thought it would be far simpler to come up with a rule, similar to how it was being done on the Obi 202, to accomplish both of my objectives.   Obviously the Emergency Calls provision would handle the Emergency Numbers but what about my other objective;  how to ensure a non-emergency outbound call, intentionally or inadvertently placed on line 1/SP1 by selecting the line 1 key, would be routed out SP2?