News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't add my Obi100 to ObiTalk

Started by phasornc, August 12, 2017, 10:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phasornc

I've been using my Obi100 for several years, and all of a sudden I started getting the "No service configured" error.

I've been though most of the troubleshooting. I'm on Build 2886, and was using Google voice.  However, I eventually decided to do a factory reset and remove the device from ObiTalk, but now I can't re-Add the device.

When I dial **5 xxxx  after several seconds I hear some clicking an it hangs up.

When I dial **9 222 222 222 everything works perfectly

When I dial ***1  I get "no service configured error"

I have no ports firewalled and I've even changed the Ob100 to be "default device" in my Airport Extreme router.  I've set the DNS to 8.8.4.4 and 8.8.8.8

Anyone have any suggestions?  Is my box finally dead?  I've been using it about 5 years now.

drgeoff

There is a good chance that your OBi100 is not dead. There was a widespread outage of GoogleVoice service on OBi devices for about 12 hours last Friday. That you can reach the echo test number is an encouraging sign.

I don't have any Apple equipment and don't know what is meant by "default device" in your Airport Extreme. ***1 should read out the OBi's IP address and DHCP status. I don't understand how you can have changed the DNS setting if the OBi is not connected to your LAN.

phasornc

"Default device" is basically like setting the Obi to be not NAT'd.  All incoming communications go to it.  Anyway that didn't do anything.  The Obi100 is attached to my LAN, I can connect to the web control interface.  However, the pages seem to load sporadically (sometimes they require a double click).

I know ***1 should read out the IP address, but it doesn't, even though the echo test works.

I caved in a had an Obi200 sent via prime. Plugged it in ***1 worked right away.  And then I was connect to my Google Voice about in about 1 minute.  I guess I'm going to assume the 100 is dead, unless anyone else has an info.