News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Newbie: Block or Spoof Caller ID?

Started by james999, August 16, 2017, 11:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

james999

I'm certain this has been asked already, but could not find any thread or reference, so apologies in advance.

Obi200: Is there a way to block my caller ID for outgoing calls?   The phone company had this as *67, and then make your call.  Or, (even better) is there a way to have my caller ID just me my cell phone or work number? i.e. "Spoof" my GV number.

Nothing nefarious here... just that I only use my Obi for outgoing calls on a speaker phone for work and so there is no need for recipients to ever know my Google voice # that I use with the Obi service..

Thanks!
RP

SteveInWA

Google Voice supports *67 to block outgoing caller ID.  You'd probably have to modify your OBi's digit map to process the string; I'll defer to one of the digit map experts for that.  It simply works, if you call from a regular forwarding phone number, like your cell phone.

The alternative would be to create another Google/Gmail account, place at least one outbound call using Google Hangouts on any Hangouts client, signed into that account, so that it displays the Terms of Service to you to accept, and then add that Google account as another SPx on your OBi device.  Calls made from Google accounts that don't have an inbound Google Voice number will have no caller ID to send, so all outbound calls will be anonymous/no caller ID.

LTN1

Here's a dial plan to permanently *67:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|*67(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<*67:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}