News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1062 - Works sometimes and not others???

Started by Logan, August 18, 2017, 12:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Logan

Model OBi1602
Using with Google Voice

Phone will make calls 90% of the time, but sometimes, when attempting to make a call, it'll try to place the call, but immediately hangup. Sometimes the hangup is delayed and I can hear a fraction of a ring and then it'll hang up. I cannot pinpoint anything that causes it (IE: time of day, certain phone numbers, etc...).

Any ideas what is going on? Thanks!

LTN1

If it is under warranty, try contacting Obihai tech support also. Make sure all the latest firmware has been updated for that device. What is the VoIP service provider (GV, PhonePower, Callcentric, etc.)? If everything is normal, there appears to be a defect with the device.

wpsb

Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having an issue where the phone cuts out - they can hear me but I can't hear them.

Is your issue still happening?

kayrjay

I too sometimes have the issue where the other party can hear us, but we can't hear them.   I hope someone figures out what's going on.

Logan

Quote from: wpsb on September 08, 2017, 12:29:50 PM
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm having an issue where the phone cuts out - they can hear me but I can't hear them.

I replaced the phone with an OBi2182. That fixed the problem so far. That being said, I've only owned it now for 8 days.

I did figure out a compromise fix to this issue before replacing with the 2182. That being said, you're probably not going to like it. Basically, I have 6 GV lines. I found the issue kept popping up whenever I was on one line and another rang through... regardless of whether I answered it, my service on all lines after that would be messed up. I have only 3 important GV lines... so I removed the 3 non-important lines and I moved the other 2 important lines to other OBi devices (I think OBi 100's or 202's.. don't remember). This solved the problem, but basically only allowed me to have one line per OBi device.

Kind of got tired of them all being split up and that's when I tried out the 2182.

Kayrjay, my problem was a bit different from yours. I could always hear them, they just couldn't always hear me.

YAGITA

Quote from: Logan on October 11, 2019, 10:30:37 AM
Quote from: wpsb on September 08, 2017, 12:29:50 PM
Did you ever find a solution to this? I'm havin auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solverg an issue where the phone cuts out - they can hear me but I can't hear them.

I replaced the phone with an OBi2182. That fixed the problem so far. That being said, I've only owned it now for 8 days.

I did figure out a compromise fix to this issue before replacing with the 2182. That being said, you're probably not going to like it. Basically, I have 6 GV lines. I found the issue kept popping up whenever I was on one line and another rang through... regardless of whether I answered it, my service on all lines after that would be messed up. I have only 3 important GV lines... so I removed the 3 non-important lines and I moved the other 2 important lines to other OBi devices (I think OBi 100's or 202's.. don't remember). This solved the problem, but basically only allowed me to have one line per OBi device.

Kind of got tired of them all being split up and that's when I tried out the 2182.

Kayrjay, my problem was a bit different from yours. I could always hear them, they just couldn't always hear me.
s the hangup is delayed and I can hear a fraction of a ring and then it'll hang up. I cannot pinpoint anything that causes it (IE: time of day, certain phone numbers, etc...).