News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"There's no service available to complete your call"

Started by seekermeister, August 04, 2011, 01:39:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seekermeister

I just received and tested my OBi 110, and was attempting to set it up to use Google Voice, but I went astray somewhere, in that not only am I not connecting to Google Voice, but when I try to make a local call, I'm getting an automated message, as in the title above.  I assume that message is coming from OBi, since I have never heard anything like that before, but since it is interrupting my local calling service, if I don't figure out how to fix this quickly, I shall be forced to remove the OBi. 

I believe the problem is in how I have configured things, but have gone in circles so much, that I don't know where to pick up the trail.  Could definitely use a hand.

RonR

Can you reach the echo test by dialing **9 222 222 222 ?

If so your OBi is likely working properly and you simply have a configuration problem.

RonR

If you can successfully reach the echo test, the only settings required to configure Google Voice from factory defaults are:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

seekermeister

I suspect that you are right, because it does test good, but when I go to my OBi account, I don't find where to configure Google Voice as you described.  How about some specific instruction on where to begin?

RonR

Log into the IP address returned by dialing ***1.  The username/password is admin/admin.

This will allow you to configure the OBi directly.  If you elect to use this procedure, you also have to set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto PRovisioning -> Method : Disabled

seekermeister

I think that I have fixed the problem...at least partially.  I used the Google Configuration Wizard, and now local calls go through, so I hope long distance do also.  However, there is a long delay (~30 seconds) after dialing a number, before it starts ringing.  I also noticed that on an inboard call that came before this change, that the ringer on my FAX printer ran long before the telephone did.  Are the delays normal?

seekermeister

That delay that I spoke of in the last post is a real problem at times.  Particularly when a delivery is being made, and the deliveryman has to use the call box for entry into the building.  By the time that it starts ringing on my phone, he has already given up, and marked the package with an exception.

I can disconnect the OBi when I'm expecting a package, but that is a hassle, and I'm concerned that I will forget, or a delivery will arrive unexpected.  Is there a way via splitters/connectors to have the phone connected to the OBi and at the same time the regular landline, so that I can choose which method of connection to choose?

RonR

Are you using the OBi with anything other than Google Voice?  Are you also using the OBi with your landline?

Please describe how your OBi is connected and how you intend to use it.  There should not be any appreciable delays in either direction.

Are the following values set in the OBi?

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap : (Default checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute : (Default checked)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A - General -> DigitMap : (Default checked)

If not, please post the actual values that are set.

seekermeister

I think that these are what you were referring to:

RonR

Then you're not currently using Google Voice?  You're making and receiving calls through the landline?

Please post the contents of:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap

(A screenshot showing only part of the value isn't very helpful.)

seekermeister

I really don't know what I'm looking at, but that value doesn't appear any more complete than what I already posted: