News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Rings But Cannot Answer

Started by RickM2, August 23, 2017, 09:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drozek

haha yes I am a victim contacted google already and submitted feedback. hopefully this gets fixed.

drgeoff

utamav

Exact same issue around the same time as Google Home Voice Calling feature was activated. I have 2 accounts on Google Home and 2 ObiHai. Both have the same issue.

jonsid

I also have the same problem.  I have a Google Home too and the problem seems to have happened after telling Google Home to use my Google number to make calls.  The phone attached to the Obi rings, I answer but nobody is there.. the phone stops ringing.  I get a notification there is a voicemail and that's where the call went to.  It's like I never answered the phone.  If I use Hangouts to make the call on my wifi from another cell phone, everything is fine.  It seems like the problem is only from outside calls. 

SteveInWA

There is no point to posting here.  Google is working on diagnosing and fixing this problem.

SteveInWA

Here's an update:  Google has found the problem and will be deploying a fix.  You do not need to take any action; the fix will roll out soon.

SteveInWA

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 30, 2017, 04:52:57 PM
Here's an update:  Google has found the problem and will be deploying a fix.  You do not need to take any action; the fix will roll out soon.

As I reported on the Google Voice Forum, a fix was pushed out this morning, and this problem is now resolved.

https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/voice/q-og2PmuE-4/discussion

RickM2

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 31, 2017, 06:35:10 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on August 30, 2017, 04:52:57 PM

As I reported on the Google Voice Forum, a fix was pushed out this morning, and this problem is now resolved.

https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/voice/q-og2PmuE-4/discussion

Thanks to all for identifying the problem, to Steve for making Google aware of it, and to Google for the quick fix. Both my ObiHai and my Google Home are performing normally now and there does not seem to be any problem with using my Google Voice number on the Google Home.