News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Service Halted

Started by jfd77, April 06, 2018, 11:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jfd77

Have OBI202 with Google Voice running on a Mac. Been using for months. Suddenly get 'service halted' for both SP1 and SP2 on my Dashboard. Rebooted everything, checked all connections - still the same. Any ideas as to what might cause this and how to rectify? Thanks.

SteveInWA

Gee, I don't think I have seen that particular error message.  If you have tried the obvious power off / power on reboots, and you have not changed anything on your local network, then first try the simple test of picking up the phone, and enter **9 222 222 222 and wait a couple of seconds.  You should hear "Welcome to OBiTALK and the OBi voice echo test", and then you should be able to speak and hear your voice echoed back.  Does that work?

If not, you have a hardware problem, or a problem with your ISP.  If it works, then test whether there is something wrong with your Google Voice account(s) by making a call from the Google Voice desktop user interface:  https://voice.google.com

jfd77

Steve. Tried your suggestions, and all appeared to work fine. Didn't change anything. Went back and checked the dashboard and now shows 'connected'. So, thanks for your help - maybe it just needed a jump start somewhere along the way. Cheers!

SteveInWA

Great.  We'll chalk this one up to mysterious alien probe attacks.