News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice Incoming calls not connection on my OBI202

Started by Mazal, August 26, 2017, 03:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mazal

For several years I have not had any problems with my OBI - GV setup but for the past few weeks I have an issue with incoming calls that do ring on both my cell phone and on my OBI connected phone, but when answering the incoming call on my OBI connected phone the call does not connect and there is no audio, and the call keeps ringing on my cell phone. I can  pick up the call on my cell phone.
I have no problems making outgoing calls on my OBI connected phone and therefore I assume that I have no wiring issues.

Trying to resolve the issue, I removed and re-installed the GV account on the OBI, and I did the same in the GV settings, deleting and re-adding Google Chat. However the problem persists. Any help will be very much appreciated.

drgeoff

Mazal

YES !  Reading through your link I think that this must be the problem ! I also read that de-activating GH calling does not help but I will try tomorrow. THANKS

I called Google Home support and, not surprisingly, they told  me to contact OBI support. However I was promised that they would bring this issue to the attention of their developers. I also listed the issue on both the Google Home support forum ( https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/googlehome   ) and on the Google Voice support forum (  https://productforums.google.com/forum/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=first_post_notification_button#!forum/voice  ).

I urge those with the same problem to do the same .

SteveInWA

Please take this conversation over to the Google Voice Help Forum, where I am asking users to perform troubleshooting steps and to collect data for Google's engineering team's use.

Here is the link:  https://productforums.google.com/d/topic/voice/q-og2PmuE-4/discussion

I'll bring this up with my contacts at Google tomorrow, too.

Mazal

I reported the issue on both the GV and GH forums and also spoke to GH Support. My guess is that OBIHAI should push this with Google. In the meantime I wonder whether going back to a ANVEO line on my OBI (with the caller ID of my GV) would work....

SteveInWA

Yes, you can certainly avoid this symptom by forwarding your Google Voice number to a 10-digit DID from Callcentric, Anveo, or whichever other SIP ITSP you wish.

The issue is with calls being forwarded to Google Chat/XMPP on the OBi.

Please use the thread I linked at the Google Voice forum to supply call data for Google to examine.  Posting here won't help fix the issue, as this is a Google problem.  Thanks.

SteveInWA

I can now confirm that Google engineering has identified the problem and they will be pushing out a fix soon.  I have no exact time for this to happen, but tomorrow would be a good guess.

hgroth

Google has fixed the problem and all is working again. This was the first time I ever had a problem
with Google, they are really reliable.

timandheike

Thank you Steve for helping get this resolved! I tested my phone this morning and it is working correctly again. Did they provide you with any details as to what they had to do on their end to resolve?

SteveInWA

No, sorry; Google is usually pretty tight-lipped about details.

3rdStng

My wife is having this exact issue on her phone. It started about 5-6 weeks ago. This morning I noticed it happening on my phone now. I posted a comment on the Google Forum about it and was pretty much told to scram and start my own new thread. The only difference between the other users with the issue and me is that I do not have a Google Home device.

I just updated my firmware on my Obi202 device today. Curious if the firmware update along with the Google backend fix is what I need to resolve it.

SteveInWA

Quote from: 3rdStng on September 16, 2017, 06:25:43 PM
My wife is having this exact issue on her phone. It started about 5-6 weeks ago. This morning I noticed it happening on my phone now. I posted a comment on the Google Forum about it and was pretty much told to scram and start my own new thread. The only difference between the other users with the issue and me is that I do not have a Google Home device.

I just updated my firmware on my Obi202 device today. Curious if the firmware update along with the Google backend fix is what I need to resolve it.

I did NOT tell you to "scram".  I told you that the issue in this thread, and its corresponding thread on the Google Voice help forum, was a specific software issue on Google's back-end, which ONLY impacted users with both an OBi and a Google Home, and that you have some sort of other issue.  We always ask users who post unrelated issues in a discussion to start their own discussion.  Why?  One, so that we can have a 1:1 dialog with you to help diagnose your problem, and two, so that our dialog with you on this unrelated matter doesn't get CC'd to all the dozens of other users who are subscribed automatically to replies.  We are always happy to help people who need it, in a way that provides an effective conversation and doesn't annoy others.

Why are you so quick to jump on this as "scram"?

anonamouse

This just happened to me, all of a sudde on my obihai202. I have 3 google voice accounts. 2 exhibit this problem, 1 does not. All from the same phone. My testing has led to the following. (A, B are non working C is working)

For A,B

Cell phone -> A/B = unable to answer through obihai (picking up the phone leads to silence). Google hangout and cell phone associated with gv both continue to ring despite obihai extension off the hook.

Google Hangouts Dialer -> A/B = works as expected. Picking up the phone results in connection.

For C

Any incoming call on account C works fine. So I know the phone works, and the obihai is capable of answering a GV incoming call.

Something changed on accounts A/B on google's end I think. Nothing has changed on my end from last week when it was working great, to this week when it is not. Might this have something to do with the "fix" they pushed out for google home? I don't have a google home, but maybe my accounts were adversely affected?

Things I've tried:

Resetting router, modem, obihai
Deleting GV accounts and readding
Factory resetting obihai

Any ideas welcome.

SteveInWA

Quote from: anonamouse on September 16, 2017, 10:51:28 PM
This just happened to me, all of a sudde on my obihai202. I have 3 google voice accounts. 2 exhibit this problem, 1 does not. All from the same phone. My testing has led to the following. (A, B are non working C is working)

For A,B

Cell phone -> A/B = unable to answer through obihai (picking up the phone leads to silence). Google hangout and cell phone associated with gv both continue to ring despite obihai extension off the hook.

Google Hangouts Dialer -> A/B = works as expected. Picking up the phone results in connection.

For C

Any incoming call on account C works fine. So I know the phone works, and the obihai is capable of answering a GV incoming call.

Something changed on accounts A/B on google's end I think. Nothing has changed on my end from last week when it was working great, to this week when it is not. Might this have something to do with the "fix" they pushed out for google home? I don't have a google home, but maybe my accounts were adversely affected?

Things I've tried:

Resetting router, modem, obihai
Deleting GV accounts and readding
Factory resetting obihai

Any ideas welcome.

This discussion thread was specifically about a bug that Google introduced when phone calling was added to Google Home.  That bug was fixed.  Whatever issue you are having now is totally unrelated to this discussion.  Please, no more posts here.  Simply click the "new topic" link to start your own discussion, so as to not CC everybody else on your unrelated problem.  Thanks.