News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1000 ringtone formats

Started by SeanTek, August 29, 2017, 09:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeanTek

What are the current OBi1000 ringtone formats?

The user guide (page 80) says "The ringtone must be in WAV format encoded in 16-bit linear PCM mono and sampled at 16000 samples/second (16kHz)." However, there are .dat and .722 files that are built-in, so it stands to reason that more is supported. (Although based on just those three formats, 16-bit 16kHz mono PCM would sound the best.) Is OPUS supported, for example?

It looks like this phone series has gotten more formats supported over time. Firmware 5.0.4's release notes, for example, state:
QuoteRingtone player can now handle WAV files with optional "LIST" chunks.

I am running OBi1062 SW 5.0.6 (Build: 4346EX.1311), HW 1.3.

Is there a good repository of professional ringtones out there that people can recommend? I am referring to actual professional ringtones that sound good when cycled, and not embarrassing, not just a bunch of fan recordings with a mic in front of a 1980s-era TV set. A pay library is fine. There are ringtone apps for smartphones, but I would rather not have to hack through smartphone app packages just to get a few good tones on this phone.