News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

COX PORTING ISSUE???

Started by dbs1961, September 03, 2017, 09:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dbs1961

Hello about a year ago I ported my friends phone from Cox VOIP to GV w/Obi via ATT cell. Here's what I did and here is the issue I am having. Any help would be possible. Calling Cox on Wed to see what is going on. This has been an issue since the beginning per my friend and has been verified to be only happening when incoming calls are from Cox VOIP subscribers and they get number is out of service message  ???

- Ported number from Cox VOIP to ATT cell phone then ported from ATT cell to Goggle Voice
- Outgoing calls work perfect
- Incoming calls from any cell provider work perfect
- Callers who have Cox VOIP get number is out of service tones and message

What could possibly be wrong??? Has to be on Cox's end but getting them to fix it is going to tough, my friend tried but Cox insisted that they owned the number still which is flat wrong!

Thanks!!

SteveInWA

It's likely that the rapid port-churning from Cox to AT&T to Google Voice made a mess in the porting system, and the number is now incorrectly provisioned.  I doubt Cox will cooperate, but if you call them, escalate to their porting department, and get them to look at the number in NPAC to see how it's being routed.

dbs1961

Thanks that is great info, especially the porting dept and NPAC status. Will upate after I speak with Cox!