News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial to PSTN

Started by jerome, September 12, 2017, 04:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerome

Hello, what is the command to dial as follow:

Enter phone Call AutoAttendant to OBI200(1) GV to second OBI110(2) FXO

From USA to a French number: I thought it was after autoattendant 2, **8number#

that doesn't seems to work.

Thank you
Jerome

drgeoff

Quote from: jerome on September 12, 2017, 04:24:51 PM
Hello, what is the command to dial as follow:

Enter phone Call AutoAttendant to OBI200(1) GV to second OBI110(2) FXO

From USA to a French number: I thought it was after autoattendant 2, **8number#

that doesn't seems to work.

Thank you
Jerome
Yes, after you have successfully passed the 'Enter PIN' prompt if required, you would enter **8number#.

What are the symptoms? "doesn't seems to work" is not informative.  Eg do you get any tones or error messages.  Is a spoken message in English or French? From the Obi or the telco supplying the POTS/PSTN line that is plugged in to the OBi?

What country is the OBi110 in?

What number are you dialling? To maintain privacy, substitute xxxx for the final 4 digits.

Post the contents of the OBi110 AA's OutboundCallRoute.

jerome

Thank you for your prompt answer:

Obi200 (USA)
OBI110 (France) will replace soon by Obi212

I am in US, I just plug the obi110 and cable.
when I was there in France, it was no dialtone from the phone connected to the obi.
message spoken in English (not going out)

OBi110 AAA OutboundCallRoute: {([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I dial #GVus number ring then 2 then **8 01 xx xx xx #  (like a French number no country code)

let me know what do you think
Thank you
Jerome

drgeoff

I think my previous reply was based on a misunderstanding. I thought you were calling from a phone plugged in to the OBi200 and reaching the AA on the OBi110 over the Obitalk network. Now you mention Google Voice.

Please clarify the exact set up.

Are you using the Circle of Trust configured on the Obitalk portal?

azrobert

Is the OBi110 currently in the U.S.A? Do you get dial tone in the U.S.A? You should always get dial tone, so no dial tone is a major problem.

The default for the OBi110 Auto Attendant is to send the call out the Line Port, so you don't need the "**8" prefix, just dial the number followed by #

See:
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> Primary Line -> PSTN

You will get a 10 second delay using the default Line Port DigitMap. To fix this make the following change.

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> DigitMap: (01xxxxxx|xx.)

You can accomplish what you want without GV or the Auto Attendant by using the OBiTalk network. You could just dial 01 xx xx xx on the OBi200 and the call will be routed out the OBi110 Line Port.

Edit:
Quotemessage spoken in English (not going out)

Exactly what does this mean? Does the call complete, but you have no audio?

jerome

Quote from: drgeoff on September 13, 2017, 06:59:13 AM
Please clarify the exact set up.

Are you using the Circle of Trust configured on the Obitalk portal?

yes I am part of the circle of trust, and I want to use it with GV or directly with the phone attach. hope that help.

Thank you
Jerome

jerome

Quote from: azrobert on September 13, 2017, 08:14:07 AM
Is the OBi110 currently in the U.S.A? Do you get dial tone in the U.S.A? You should always get dial tone, so no dial tone is a major problem.

The default for the OBi110 Auto Attendant is to send the call out the Line Port, so you don't need the "**8" prefix, just dial the number followed by #

See:
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> Primary Line -> PSTN

You will get a 10 second delay using the default Line Port DigitMap. To fix this make the following change.

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> DigitMap: (01xxxxxx|xx.)

You can accomplish what you want without GV or the Auto Attendant by using the OBiTalk network. You could just dial 01 xx xx xx on the OBi200 and the call will be routed out the OBi110 Line Port.

Edit:
Quotemessage spoken in English (not going out)

Exactly what does this mean? Does the call complete, but you have no audio?

The Obi110 is in France, no dialtone

this the digimap configuration (xxxxxxxS4|1xxxxxxxxxx|xx.)

Thank you
Jerome

drgeoff

I think there is much confusion in this thread, possibly the OP's native tongue is not English.

I have asked for clarification of the setup but am still none the wiser.

Is the GV account on the OBi200 (in the USA) or on the OBi110 (now in France) or do both have GV?

Is the AA that is being reached and responding with "Welcome to OBi Attendant ......" on the OBi200 or on the OBi110?

As already said by azrobert, any powered up OBi ATA should give dial tone to a plugged in phone even with nothing plugged in  to its ethernet socket.

jerome

DrGeoff, thanks I had actually redone manually the Circle of trust, and have the GV on ob110(France) and that worked, however this GV needs to be in the OBi200 (US) or best on both.

let me know how I can perform this or it is not possible?

Thank you
Jerome

jerome

I have another issue when I call from a French number to my PSTN Line the AA doesn't pickup however I had enter my French number to the circle trust of the inbound for the line. what could be wrong ?

Thank you
Jerome

jerome

To summarize what is working and what is not working in my config:

Working: dialing GV in OBI110(in France) AA answer then press 2**8 and French Number# will dial to the Line(PSTN)

No Working Dialing to PSTN (French) not picking the AA Trusted are correct

Not Working GV in OBI200(in US) AA answer how to bridge to the OBI110 to call PSTN?

Thank you
Jerome

azrobert

Use OBi Expert to make the following changes.

OBi200

Assuming GV is defined on SP1
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{18001234567:pp(110110110)},{ph}

Replace 18001234567 with the CallerID you want to send to the AA on the OBi110
Replace 110110110 with the OBi number of the OBi110
The above CallerID will be routed to the OBi110 via the OBiTalk network and then the rules in the OBi110 will send it to the AA

OBi110

Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{200200200:aa},{ph}

Replace 200200200 with the OBi number of the OBI200

Physical Interfaces -> Line Port -> InboundCallRoute:
{01234567:aa},{ph}

Replace 01234567 with the CallerID you want to send to the AA

The OBi numbers are listed on the OBiTalk Dashboard

jerome

Hi Folks

in my line inbound from ob110:
{(x.012345678):aa},{pp(ob1234567),ph}

That's seems to get to obi1234567 (obi200) the GV answer as it was me want to make a call not as th OBI AA.

What's wrong

Jerome