News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai202 and Cordless phone

Started by matteoco, September 22, 2017, 02:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matteoco

I am looking for a cordless phone system for my obihai202.

What are your recommendations ?

SteveInWA

Hi:

It doesn't matter.  Any name brand DECT 6.0 system with multiple handsets will work fine.  Many of use use Panasonic, but Uniden or V-Tech would work, too, for example.

SteveInWA

Yes, it will work fine.

Keep in mind:  you bought an OBi 202.  The 202 can (but doesn't have to) support two different telephone lines, which are plugged into its two telephone jacks.  The cordless phone is a one-line phone.  If you plan to use both jacks on the OBi, you will need to either buy a two-line phone, or plug in a different phone to the other jack.  Otherwise, you can ignore the second line.

Taiwanese

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 22, 2017, 02:29:47 PM
Yes, it will work fine.

Keep in mind:  you bought an OBi 202.  The 202 can (but doesn't have to) support two different telephone lines, which are plugged into its two telephone jacks.  The cordless phone is a one-line phone.  If you plan to use both jacks on the OBi, you will need to either buy a two-line phone, or plug in a different phone to the other jack.  Otherwise, you can ignore the second line.

I plan on porting my 2 work land lines to GV.  So I can use Obi 202 and Panasonic 2-Line phone?

GPz1100

I would not rely on google voice for a business line unless it's a casual business of sorts.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Taiwanese on January 31, 2018, 08:13:03 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on September 22, 2017, 02:29:47 PM
Yes, it will work fine.

I plan on porting my 2 work land lines to GV.  So I can use Obi 202 and Panasonic 2-Line phone?

Technically speaking, yes, but as GPz said, it's not recommended.  There are plenty of more reliable, suitable options at a very reasonable cost.  Take a look at callcentric.com and voip.ms for example.  Both can be easily set up on your OBi.