December 18, 2017, 06:53:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: not able to make international calls from phone connected to Obi200  (Read 2151 times)
akbakb

« on: September 30, 2017, 10:59:15 am »

I installed OBI200 - I subscribed to google Voice
I am able to make local alls in US but not able to make international calls
The international number rings once and stops

GV from my cellphone connects international numbers but the phone connected t OBI 200 does not. I dial 011 91 XXXXXXXXX on the phone connected.. the country code 91 is for India

Please advise if I am missing any settings

Krishna
Michaeldaquila

« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 05:13:38 am »

In order to make international calls from Obi phones, you must dial your Google Voice number first and then dial 2 when the auto attendant comes up. Then try entering 011, followed by the country code and phone number and dial pound (#). This should route the call through Google Voice. Although I have Google Voice running through FreePBX and finally an Obi1062, that method should work on any Obi phone using Google Voice as a service provider. Let me know if that works.
SteveInWA
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 04:15:49 pm »

In order to make international calls from Obi phones, you must dial your Google Voice number first and then dial 2 when the auto attendant comes up. Then try entering 011, followed by the country code and phone number and dial pound (#). This should route the call through Google Voice. Although I have Google Voice running through FreePBX and finally an Obi1062, that method should work on any Obi phone using Google Voice as a service provider. Let me know if that works.

Sorry, but nope; that's not true.  You can directly call any international number in locations supported by Google Voice/Hangouts.  There is no need to call your own Google Voice number first, assuming, of course, that the dial string is valid.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: