News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Simple Digitmap configuration string for Germany?

Started by BluNitya, October 02, 2017, 08:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BluNitya

Hello,

I noticed that the Obi202 is set up for North America.
I would like to set it up to make SIP calls within Germany (Deutsche Telekom).
Does anyone know a basic Digitmap string that I can use for making calls within Germany?

Right now, my Obi202 behaves as if it is a U.S. phone, and there is a delay in connecting.
I would indeed be grateful to know only a simple Digitmap string that I can use to make calls to within Germany. It will help me.

More information (background):
My new OBi202 replaces my old PAP2T, which became defective due to a power surge.
Previously I have had my old LinkSys PAP2T configured with the following Dial plan:
(<**:>[2-9]|11[0-2]<:@gw0>|<:030>[1-9]xx.|<0:0>[0-9]xxxx.|<#,:>x.|<0#,:>x.<:@gw0>) ... This dial plan made the PAP2T device behave exactly as if calling from a German phone, identical ring tone, dial tone, everything, and very little delay.
Even if no one can translate this Dial Plan into a DigitMap string, can someone give me some tips?

azrobert

Just post your requirements.

OR

The default DigitMap is found here:
Service Provider -> ITSP Profile A General -> DigitMap

Rule xx. will match any 1 digit or more number
If a dialed number only matches this rule, you will have a 10 second delay
You can reduce this delay to 3 seconds by changing it to xx.S3
When dialing you have up to 3 seconds to enter the next digit
If you wait 3 seconds, the call will go out prematurely

The default ring pattern is found here:
Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A -> Ring Pattern 1

Ring Pattern 60(2+4) will ring for 2 seconds, pause for 4 seconds and repeat for 60 seconds
Change it to 60(1+3)

The default Dial Tone is found here:
Tone Settings -> Tone Profile A

Make any configuration changes with OBi Expert

WelshPaul

Quote from: BluNitya on October 02, 2017, 08:28:19 AM
Previously I have had my old LinkSys PAP2T configured with the following Dial plan:
(<**:>[2-9]|11[0-2]<:@gw0>|<:030>[1-9]xx.|<0:0>[0-9]xxxx.|<#,:>x.|<0#,:>x.<:@gw0>) ... This dial plan made the PAP2T device behave exactly as if calling from a German phone, identical ring tone, dial tone, everything, and very little delay.

That is not a valid PAP2T dial plan. <:@gwX> is specific to the SPA3102, SPA400, SPA3000, SPA9000 and means "dial out this gateway." This is an optional part of the plan.

Also, your dial plan does not set any regional tones such as a dial tone.

While i'm not familiar with the German phone system, based on the above, give the following a try:
(**[2-9]|11[0-2]|<:030>[1-9]xx.|0xxxxx.|#x.|0#x.|+xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

marymiller411

This is a great post. So clear and easy to follow.