News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI202 dialing 2 numbers

Started by GNica, October 03, 2017, 11:38:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GNica

Hello,

Currently I have an OBI202 configured with GV for local calls.
For international calls I've been using a service that's providing a local access number. So the international call would look like:
Local number<(xxx)xxx-xxxx>, wait 3-4 seconds for the local call to be established, International number <yyyyy.....>

I would like to be able to make the international calls just by using the international number only (without specifically calling the local one first). So far, I've created a custom digit map that will add the local number in front of the international, but I can't figure out how to introduce that 3-4 sec delay in between.

Is there any way to accomplish this on OBI202 ? I believe this is a 2 stage dialing ?

Thanks!

drgeoff

That is not 2-stage dialling and anyway introducing a delay will not achieve your goal.

The digits for the access number are sent in a SIP message to your VoIP service provider. Once the call is established to the international service it is expecting to receive digits as DTMF ("touch-tones") over the audio channel. The OBi needs to switch between the two methods at the appropriate point in the long string of digits.

This is exactly the same as other posts here from people wanting a speed dial that will dial into an audio conference system and then enter the access code.

Initially OBis had no way of doing this but see the discussion at https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10342.0 particularly the last post by ianobi. That is for a 1032 phone not a 202 ATA but if it is available on a 202 I fully expect the same syntax to apply. (I don't have a 20x so cannot try it.)

GNica

Thanks for the explanations. I'll take a look at that thread.