News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

TCP connection to 125.141.125.74 failed

Started by GreenView, October 05, 2017, 02:07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adymax

Thank you Steve, I see the workaround now. On the long run, I believe is better to get OBI20x.

SteveInWA

Agreed, and if you want to wait, I am pretty sure that one or more of the 2xx product line will go on sale this month for the US holidays.

MRTT

I was wondering what was up again...Been a couple years since I last posted or visited here. 

I only wish I saw the simonics gateway ealier, that's a pretty decent deal.   The 110's are, otherwise, a perfectly good ATA, IMO.

-MRTT

JonX

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13022.msg84276#msg84276

Ok so I have now moved on with my life after my resident Obi200 failed on one gv (google voice) account and then the other after a reboot. The yellow triangle (at the obitalk site under my account) did indeed install http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-1-5757EX.fw . For my Obi110, I used https://simonics.com/gw/ . Both seem to be working at this point. Quick easy solution (though not very interesting or challenging in the hobbyist sense).

Stuart_505

I discovered about an hour ago that my Obi200, which somehow got firmware update last weekend to 3.2.1.5757 and has worked fine since, was not working.  Checking the firmware version, it seems that it had somehow reverted to 3.1.1.5463.  Apparently setting the auto update as I described in an earlier post is a bad idea.  To get back to the proper update I chose to try the manual method rather than simply clicking the yellow triangle next to the Obi200, since both should give the same result.  I went to http://fw.obihai.com/OBi2-latest.fw  and downloaded the update, then entered the Obi200's setup via its web portal using its IP address.  When I attempted to update the firmware, I got the message that the update I was trying to apply was the same as the current version.  So I went to an earlier post in this thread from JonX and followed the link http://fw.obihai.com/OBi202-3-2-1-5757EX.fw  and repeated the update process, and this time got the right update.  So this leaves me wondering a couple of things, including, why the link http://fw.obihai.com/OBi2-latest.fw doesn't actually give you the latest firmware; and how to find a specific link to a particular update version.  I know drgeoff is just going to tell me to click the yellow triangle and get on with my life, but I'm curious why Obihai doesn't put the latest version in the file they call OBi2-latest.fw.

drgeoff

Quote from: Stuart_505 on November 12, 2017, 01:26:54 PM... I'm curious why Obihai doesn't put the latest version in the file they call OBi2-latest.fw.
Just one of the many unanswered questions about Obihai.   :)

It is easy to think of Obihai as a company with plenty of staff to do this that and the other but I suspect the reality is rather different.  Estimate how many ATAs and phones are bought each month.  Estimate how much profit they net from each one.  Multiply the two together and divide by how much it costs to employ someone for a month (salary and all the overheads).  How many people does that give you?

wecen

Today I found out that my google voice cant dial out. So I check the forum.

Thank you for "rfryar" message. I tried:

DNSServer1: 4.2.2.2
DNSServer2: 8.8.4.4

It works.

Thank you so much.

DaniloC

Same for me. I had to put both to start working. Thanks a lot guys for the guidance!

Cheers!

helpful55

This worked for me (4.2.2.2). Thanks
Quote from: OBiSupport on November 02, 2017, 08:02:58 AM
Obihai support team is still looking into this issue.  In the mean time, please try the following in your OBiTALK account:

Click your OBi number 510xxxxxx (300XXXXXX, 200XXXXXX, 500XXXXXX, 630XXXXXX, 610XXXXXX, 600XXXXXX).

At SP1, delete your Google Voice account.

Click SP1 again, follow steps to re-authenticate back to your Google Voice account.

When "Connected", please make test calls in/out.

If status "Backing off..." remain, then click the OBi Expert Configuration blue button at bottom / Enter OBi Expert blue button.

Modify the DNSServer1 parameter value:  Select System Management / Network Settings / to DNSServer1 / input 4.2.2.2 (or 8.8.8.8 ).

Click Submit to save and your OBi device will reboot automatically.

Allow up to 1 minute to complete, check your Google Voice status for "Connected" then make test calls.

Please stay tuned and we will do a follow-up.

Thank you and best regards,
Obihai Technology, Inc

maorsela

I have an Obi110, I paid Simon's Gateway the $6 and now GV works again for me.

C6silver

Quote from: Jasper on November 03, 2017, 09:26:48 PM
I knew our days with Obi100 were numbered after Obihai's EOL announcement last year.

Was ready to buy the OBI202 when this problem began a few days ago. Wife insisted we explore other options before investing in another box that's destined to become outdated again. Fixed income does that to you. Came across some references on here to gvsip and simonics gateways.  Researching both I discovered gvsip is no longer in business.  Simonics gateway got lots of hits and good reviews everywhere.

Trying to find actual configuration instructions was more difficult. Howto bits and pieces scattered everywhere. Started by creating my account here https://simonics.com/gw/ . SIP ID and password is on the main gateway page after paying a $5.99 fee.

Sip Login = GV18005551212 (replace 8005551212 with your actual Google Voice number)
Sip Password = 12 character alphanumeric sequence; if you do a copy/paste make sure to remove the trailing space before pasting
Server = gvgw.simonics.com

Armed with this information I logged into obitalk.com dashboard.  I didn't see a specific option for Simonics gateway under service providers.  Common sense suggested I try the "Generic Service Provider" option. I filled it in like this.

Service Provider Proxy Server = gvgw.simonics.com
Service Provider Proxy Server Port = 5060
Outbound Proxy Server = gvgw.simonics.com
Outbound Proxy Server Port = 5060
Username = GV18005551212
Password = {PASSWORD}
URI = <blank> (nothing)

Don't forget to hit save.  This reboots the Obi100.  After a few moments try a test call.  Mine went through right away.  Good luck!

Google chat must be selected as a forwarding option under Phones in the google voice settings for incoming calls to work.  Short time later a telemarketing call came in.  An unexpected surprise was the name along with the number.  Only the number came through before, no names.  Nice!

The whole process took about 10 minutes to set up after I got my bearings.  Getting to this point took much longer ;)

We'll keep the Obi100 until it stops working or until the gateway goes away. Although we've gotten our money's worth over the years it would be a terrible shame to throw away a perfectly good piece of equipment because the manufacturer finds innovative ways to force an upgrade.

Wanted to thank you for writing this up. Paid the $5.99 and used your guide. Got setup in only a minute or two. Inbound and outbound calls working again. Appreciate it!

kelemvor

I fixed mine earlier by using the Comodo DNS (or whatever it was).  Now today it seems to have broken again.

TCP connection to 64.233.166.125 failed

SteveInWA

This has been answered over and over.  You cannot fix this permanently by changing the DNS.  Either buy a new OBi or use the Simonics GVGW, as explained in the two sticky posts in the Google Voice section of this forum.

castaneda247

Just some final thoughts as I have read through ALL the messages for this post (@SteveInWA ;-).

I switched over to Simonics.com workaround described in a previous post to restore telephone service to 3 locations/OBi100 devices (my own, my parents and my in-laws). For those intimidated by the setup, don't fret, it's simple, so don't go out and buy the latest OBi device if you don't have to. Just follow the instructions laid out in the post and you will be fine.

I'm not convinced, though, of the issue Obihai is reporting with Google making changes, but I also don't want to spent too much time trying to investigate a problem that only takes $6 bucks to fix. The reason I'm skeptical is because Obihai does not seem to have the greatest backdoor communications with Google. Years ago, like 4-5, they said that Google would be discontinuing Google Voice and that we'd all have to move to some other service. Well, that was a major blunder on their part as Google Voice never went offline and still continues to this very day. Wish I still had that message they put out.

My service only recently went offline (like as of 12/3/17 or 12/4/17) when others reported it over a month ago and Obihai posting the cause of the issue on 11/7/17 on their blog. So why did mine still continue to work when Google supposedly change something.

Something just seems fishy.

SteveInWA

Quote from: castaneda247 on December 07, 2017, 10:30:28 AM
Just some final thoughts as I have read through ALL the messages for this post (@SteveInWA ;-).

I switched over to Simonics.com workaround described in a previous post to restore telephone service to 3 locations/OBi100 devices (my own, my parents and my in-laws). For those intimidated by the setup, don't fret, it's simple, so don't go out and buy the latest OBi device if you don't have to. Just follow the instructions laid out in the post and you will be fine.

I'm not convinced, though, of the issue Obihai is reporting with Google making changes, but I also don't want to spent too much time trying to investigate a problem that only takes $6 bucks to fix. The reason I'm skeptical is because Obihai does not seem to have the greatest backdoor communications with Google. Years ago, like 4-5, they said that Google would be discontinuing Google Voice and that we'd all have to move to some other service. Well, that was a major blunder on their part as Google Voice never went offline and still continues to this very day. Wish I still had that message they put out.

My service only recently went offline (like as of 12/3/17 or 12/4/17) when others reported it over a month ago and Obihai posting the cause of the issue on 11/7/17 on their blog. So why did mine still continue to work when Google supposedly change something.

Something just seems fishy.

None of your speculation of "fishy" circumstances is accurate nor meaningful.  I'm not going to re-hash all of the history.  The only thing that matters is:

• The current issue is completely unrelated to any past history with regard to Google Voice availability on OBi products.
  • Google has a large pool of servers that support access to Google Voice via the old Google Chat/Talk (XMPP) protocol.  Google updated the servers.  It's likely that one or more of those servers wasn't yet updated when it continued to work for you.  Google doesn't routinely tell anyone of their maintenance schedules or changes, so Obihai had no way to know about this until it happened.
  • Google has no intention of discontinuing support for the current OBi product line.

ponyboy3399

samsungs70

Quote from: SteveInWA on December 09, 2017, 03:30:17 PM
Quote from: ponyboy3399 on December 09, 2017, 08:44:41 AM
How do you change the DNS settings?

There is no point to changing DNS settings.  It will not solve this problem.

Read:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13113.msg84139#msg84139

and

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13147.0
Hello Steve,
I followed the instruction to use Simonics service. I paid $6. It worked for a few days. It's still working but I got non-stop incoming calls from weird numbers shown on my phone display: phone number #1: 8004
phone number #2: 4-131-528-1818
phone number #3: 00390239297988
These are not human made calls because as soon as I power the Obi, I got incoming calls. Pick them up: no one answers from the other end. Then the calls are disconnected by themselves.
Does anyone experience this? Thanks.

precht

Quote from: samsungs70 on December 13, 2017, 01:44:02 PM
Quote from: SteveInWA on December 09, 2017, 03:30:17 PM
Quote from: ponyboy3399 on December 09, 2017, 08:44:41 AM
How do you change the DNS settings?

There is no point to changing DNS settings.  It will not solve this problem.

Read:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13113.msg84139#msg84139

and

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13147.0
Hello Steve,
I followed the instruction to use Simonics service. I paid $6. It worked for a few days. It's still working but I got non-stop incoming calls from weird numbers shown on my phone display: phone number #1: 8004
phone number #2: 4-131-528-1818
phone number #3: 00390239297988
These are not human made calls because as soon as I power the Obi, I got incoming calls. Pick them up: no one answers from the other end. Then the calls are disconnected by themselves.
Does anyone experience this? Thanks.

Yes, an issue many have experienced -- check out this post to evade the scanners:

https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13278.msg85407#msg85407

On an unrelated note, per chance have you dialed any Google Voice phone numbers? Several of us are experiencing issues in not being able to call folks from our Obi devices (see here: https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13310.0)