News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Backing Off : TCP connection to 125.141.125.74 failed

Started by TangoBravo, October 06, 2017, 07:41:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TangoBravo

Getting this error message since last night on 2 google voice accounts.

Did some googling and it's happened before, usually to quite a few at the same time.

Anyone else having this issue?

stevenbrigita

Same issue. DNS is fine. Was working fine until the last two days.

DaniloC

Dan-Voip

The above linked thread started 5th Oct 2017 with a work around (https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13022.msg84058#msg84058) posted by @OBiSupport on 2nd Nov 2017.

Oddly my OBI1032 with 2 configured Google Voice lines didn't develop any issues until today, 5th Dec 2017.  I changed the DNS provider IP's as recommended in the above linked post, rebooted but it did not help.  

Ping times to 125.204.194.173 are high (380 to 400 ms) with frequent timeouts.  For kicks I updated the firmware of my phone.  That fixed the issue!

SteveInWA

Dude:

This has nothing whatsoever to do with any current OBi product; it only applied to the now-defunct OBi 110 and 110 products.  All current OBi products (except the 300 series) support Google Voice directly.

jggorman

Thank you so much for this guide. Please note, if you want to not have to enter the area code for your local dialing, in step #4 you also need to add your area code to the 7-Digit dialing section.

Also there is a promo to get $1 off that was still working as of writing this reply. Using this link gets you $1 of the Simonics setup fee, so $4.99 instead of $5.99 (I just found it with a Google search):
https://simonics.com/gw/?promo=nerdvittles

AudioGreg

So i have 3 Obi1062 phone all suffering from the Backing Off issue for several days now. I have two numbers on these phones, backing off on both lines. Tried changing DNS, no joy. Tried updating firmware. No Joy. After several days of think it might be something on Google/ObiHai end it hasn't sorted itself out.

Curiously, one of the lines I also have on a OBi202 adapter, it is working fine so I know the account is ok.

Any ideas?

SteveInWA

Quote from: AudioGreg on December 08, 2017, 03:28:08 PM
So i have 3 Obi1062 phone all suffering from the Backing Off issue for several days now. I have two numbers on these phones, backing off on both lines. Tried changing DNS, no joy. Tried updating firmware. No Joy. After several days of think it might be something on Google/ObiHai end it hasn't sorted itself out.

Curiously, one of the lines I also have on a OBi202 adapter, it is working fine so I know the account is ok.

Any ideas?

What is the firmware version installed on your OBi 1062 phones?

SteveInWA

Thanks.  That firmware level should work fine with Google Voice.  Your issue is unrelated to anything in this thread, which had to do with older firmware.  It's likely you have some other problem with your phone.

Does it have any non-Google Voice service providers, and, if so, do they work?

Can you reach the OBi echo test number, **9 222 222 222 ?

AudioGreg

both numbers are GV, no other providers

yes, the echo test works

these phones have been setup for over a year with no issues. nothing has changed, other than this problem starting Dec 5, was at firmware 5.0.0 then. have updated firmwares to 5.1.7 and tried the DNS 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 since have been the only changes. still no love...

SteveInWA

Quote from: AudioGreg on December 08, 2017, 09:57:11 PM

yes, the echo test works

these phones have been setup for over a year with no issues. nothing has changed, other than this problem starting Dec 5, was at firmware 5.0.0 then. have updated firmwares to 5.1.7 and tried the DNS 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 since have been the only changes. still no love...

Nothing obvious comes to mind, aside from the "wave the rubber chicken over it" troubleshooting step:  power off/unplug everything on your home network in the path to the phones:  the cable or DSL modem, router, switch, and OBi phones.  Then, plug in the modem, wait for it to completely boot up, plug in the router (if the router and modem are separate boxes), wait for it to completely boot up, then plug in one of the OBi phones and let it boot up.  Now test it.

coffeepot9

Quote from: AudioGreg on December 08, 2017, 09:57:11 PM

yes, the echo test works

Same issue here. Started yesterday sometime. I deleted and re-added GV account to my OBI 110 and changed DNS (although router already set to that).

I have an Obi 200 working fine with another GV account. I added the 110 GV account to it, and it works fine. So something specific to my Obi110

AudioGreg

i had already tried the modem/router/switch reboot...no joy

waved the rubber chicken...no joy

so after many days of nothingness and needing the phones to work, finally deleted all devices in dashboard, factory reset all phones, and started over. what a PITA, all for "security certificates" or whatever they changed on the other end.

everything back to normal, but feel like this was way too much effort considering that I never changed anything on my end.

thanks for the suggestions.

swan2swan

Quote from: jggorman on December 05, 2017, 02:54:03 PM
Thank you so much for this guide. Please note, if you want to not have to enter the area code for your local dialing, in step #4 you also need to add your area code to the 7-Digit dialing section.

Also there is a promo to get $1 off that was still working as of writing this reply. Using this link gets you $1 of the Simonics setup fee, so $4.99 instead of $5.99 (I just found it with a Google search):
https://simonics.com/gw/?promo=nerdvittles
I used your link, did not get a $1 discount, paid $5.99 and the rest is a mystery to me... I do not know what needs to be done to get it to work with my OBI10. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

swan2swan

OK, my OB100 works now!!!  :) I just needed to pay more attention to the precised instructions from this link:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13147.0

Thank you!! :) :*

talkthetalk

Quote from: TangoBravo on October 06, 2017, 07:41:03 AM
Getting this error message since last night on 2 google voice accounts.

Did some googling and it's happened before, usually to quite a few at the same time.

Anyone else having this issue?

Mine stopped working in the last day or two as well, with a similar error message in obitalk.
I updated the firmware and the error message became "authenticaion error", and a few minutes later started working again.