News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 + Analog PABX

Started by Clauber, October 07, 2017, 06:20:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clauber

Hi Folks.

I need your help. I am trying to set my Obi200 with my current analog PABX Multitoc 308 and the issue I have is that every 2s it seems that Obi sends a signal that my PABX recognize as incoming call and then all my phones start ringing. I don't know how to do the settings to change this.

The setting I am trying to do is to connect the phone port from Obi200 to the Line (FXO) port in PABX. I did this with others ATAs on the same PABX and I never had this issue.

Right now, all setting value are as per the default setting in my Obi200.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Regards,

Clauber.

drgeoff

I cannot think of any settings on an OBi device that would cause this.

Have you performed the following obvious tests?

1. Plug an analogue phone into the OBi200.

2. Plug both an analogue phone and the PBX in parallel in to the OBi at the same time.

Clauber

Yes. I did all that already and it always happen same thing.

I had before another VoIP ATA connected to the same PABX and this never happened, but with Obi200 I connect the phone port to the PABX and it starts to ring the PABX.

Regards,

Clauber.

SteveInWA

I wonder if the OBi is sending message waiting signals to its phone port, which are being mis-interpreted as ringing?  That would correspond to the two second cadence.

Plug in an analog telephone that has a call waiting lamp and see if it blinks.  Pick up the phone and listen for a stutter dial tone.