News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Number showed up as my GV number, and showed up as an outdial in GV console

Started by Jack007, October 12, 2017, 02:04:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack007

I had a number show up on my cell phone as my GV number, but in GV, it shows as an outdial to my cell phone. This is because the number is not linked to my cell phone, and I forwarded via the Obi device.

Does anyone know how I can find out what that number was that called me? Thanks everyone!

drgeoff

The Call History of your OBi will show that.

Point a browser to the IP address of the OBi on your LAN. If you don't know the address dial ***1.  Log in with username admin and, if you have not changed it from the default, password admin.  On left hand side click on Status, then on Call History.  Look for the time of the call.  You should see both the incoming call to your OBi and its outgoing call to your cellphone.

(If you have an Obi202 or Obi212 and the above does not work, come back here and say so.)

SteveInWA

You've posted multiple questions on the same issue:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=24801;sa=showPosts

You are trying to use Google Voice in an unsupported configuration, that will not do what you expect.  Asking the question using different words isn't going to get you the answer you wish.

Jack007

Quote from: drgeoff on October 12, 2017, 02:29:26 PM
The Call History of your OBi will show that.

Point a browser to the IP address of the OBi on your LAN. If you don't know the address dial ***1.  Log in with username admin and, if you have not changed it from the default, password admin.  On left hand side click on Status, then on Call History.  Look for the time of the call.  You should see both the incoming call to your OBi and its outgoing call to your cellphone.

(If you have an Obi202 or Obi212 and the above does not work, come back here and say so.)

Thank you very, very much. You have helped me quite significantly. More so than Obi technical support. I greatly appreciate your response.

Jack007

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 12, 2017, 06:11:41 PM
You've posted multiple questions on the same issue:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=24801;sa=showPosts

This is correct.

QuoteYou are trying to use Google Voice in an unsupported configuration, that will not do what you expect.

This may be correct.

QuoteAsking the question using different words isn't going to get you the answer you wish.

This is absolutely incorrect. The response I received from drgeoff addressed my concern and gave me exact answer I needed to resolve my problem.

Not sure what your background is, but it is a normally accepted notion that asking a question differently will, in fact, get you the answer you are looking for.