News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone disconnects from Obi110?

Started by jplee3, August 07, 2011, 08:19:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jplee3

Hey guys,

I have a weird situation where, randomly, my cordless phone will get disconnected from the Obi110. The results are that if I try to call home, I'll get forwarded to Google Voicemail. Or if I'm at home and I try to place a call, when I pick the phone up I'll get no dialtone. To remedy this, I always end up having to unplug the phone cord and then plug it back in (I usually have to unplug from the Obi's phone port and plug back in before things start working and I get a dial tone again). What's frustrating is that I bought a new phone cord partly because I thought it was an issue with the phone cords, but it's not because this still happens with the new phone cord as well.

This is really strange behavior and I'm wondering what's going on and if this has happened to anybody else.

Does anyone have insight or advice on what I can try?

TIA

RonR

The first thing I would try is a different telephone connected to the OBi's PHONE Port.

The OBi should ALWAYS provide a dialtone to the PHONE Port.  If this is not the case after trying different telephones connected to the OBi, it would appear the OBi itself is at fault.

jplee3

I'll have to try to find a spare phone to test this, which may take me some time. Other than that, is there any other way to check to see what's wrong?

Thanks!

RonR

You really need to determine if it's your phone that's going dead or the OBi.  The simplest way to do that is swap out the phone.  It need not be anything fancy.  In fact, a simple corded phone would be the best to test with.

OBiSupport

Have you tried a different analog phone?

If the problem still exists, please contact us at support@obihai.com, along with your 9-digit OBi number, thanks,

jplee3

Thanks all for the responses. I'll try to obtain a corded phone to test on soon.

jplee3

Hey guys,

So I forgot I had a fax machine I could also use to test the line out on so I hooked it up recently. I have the Obi's phone out going to the Fax. And the fax chained to our cordless phone. My wife was just talking to my mom for a while on the cordless. After she hung up we tried calling out again and got silence. I checked the hook on the fax machine and it was dead. So I think something is wrong with our Obi unit at this point (because the fax line is hooked up directly).

What's the process for getting my Obi fixed?

jplee3

Hey guys, it happened again - I think something is wrong with my device. I tried reaching out via emailing the Obi support email but never got a response.

What is the best channel of contact at this point?

hanleymj

Don't know, but if you got it from Amazon. Just order a new one and return the old defective one