News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

service not available

Started by naive, August 08, 2011, 02:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

naive

I bought an OBI. When in the road the idea is to call from my cellphone to my OBI Google Voice, get access to the landline and make calls overseas. Somehow when I press 2, it says service is unavailable, despite the fact that the landline works perfectly well if I use the phone.

Assuming it works, I have read certain technicalities regarding calling setup. The vast majority of my calls are overseas, thus I would need to call like 011- and then country codes+ area code+ phone numbers. How can I set it up for various country codes where each country has different number digits variations (from 7 to 11)

Thanks.

RonR

Quote from: naive on August 08, 2011, 02:52:41 AM
I bought an OBI. When in the road the idea is to call from my cellphone to my OBI Google Voice, get access to the landline and make calls overseas. Somehow when I press 2, it says service is unavailable, despite the fact that the landline works perfectly well if I use the phone.

If dialing from the PHONE Port without using a **n prefix goes out the LINE Port as desired, then you must have:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

To have dialing from the Auto Attendant behave similarly, you need:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line

Quote from: naive on August 08, 2011, 02:52:41 AM
Assuming it works, I have read certain technicalities regarding calling setup. The vast majority of my calls are overseas, thus I would need to call like 011- and then country codes+ area code+ phone numbers. How can I set it up for various country codes where each country has different number digits variations (from 7 to 11)

No special setup is required to be able to dial 011 + country code + number.  If you call the same numbers frequently, you might want to use Speed Dials at:

User Settings -> Speed Dials

You would enter the numbers the same way you would manually dial them.  Then you need only dial the 1- or 2-digit Speed Dial number and the OBi will dial its contents.  Speed Dials work from the PHONE Port and the Auto Attendant.