News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi1062 / CallCentric Outgoing call troubleshooting

Started by MikeTheActuary, October 24, 2017, 11:13:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeTheActuary

I've been successfully using a 1062 with GV and Anveo for a while now.

With my Anveo subscription renewal on the horizon, I thought I'd try CallCentric out.

So, I have a CC number, an incoming call plan, an outgoing call plan.  My phone is registered with CC, and I'm successfully receiving calls on the CC number.

However, when I attempt to make an outgoing call through CC...nothing happens.  No noise on the line, the 1062's display shows "Waiting".  The 1062's log shows that a call was attempted (but no errors, no ringing,...), and the attempted call doesn't show in the log on CC's site.   This behavior exists regardless of whether I'm calling to a PSTN number, or an intra-CC number (1777....)

I used the OBiTalk dashboard to set up the CC account on the phone.

I'm at a loss of what settings I should be troubleshooting, or if it's time to raise a ticket with CC.

Suggestions?

SteveInWA

How did you configure Callcentric on the OBi?  Did you manually type in the values on the OBi's local web page (192.168.x.x or 10.10.x.x), or did you use the OBiTALK web portal?

Were you using Anveo's special OBi plan, whereby Anveo remotely set up the OBi?

MikeTheActuary

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 24, 2017, 04:29:52 PM
How did you configure Callcentric on the OBi?  Did you manually type in the values on the OBi's local web page (192.168.x.x or 10.10.x.x), or did you use the OBiTALK web portal?

Were you using Anveo's special OBi plan, whereby Anveo remotely set up the OBi?

OBITalk portal, and original setup did involve Anveo's special plan.

SteveInWA

In that case, all bets are off as to the configuration settings that may still be lingering on your OBi from the Anveo managed setup.

I strongly recommend that you perform a full factory default restoration (i.e. factory reset) on the OBi 1062 phone.

Do it in this order (this assumes you are not connecting to the OBi via WiFi; if so, ignore the instructions to unplug or plug the Ethernet cable):

• Log onto your OBiTALK dashboard and delete the OBi phone completely off of your account.  Wait a few minutes while OBiTALK remotely resets the device, until the LED panel shows that it's ready.
  • Unplug the Ethernet and power cables from the OBi phone.
  • Plug in just the power cable and wait for it to boot up.
  • After the phone powers up, pick up the handset, and key in ***8 then 1 to do a factory restore, and wait until it is fully completed.
  • Unplug it, plug in the Ethernet cable, plug the power back in, and wait for it to boot up.
  • Use the **5 procedure to add the phone back to your OBiTALK dashboard.
  • After doing this, then scroll down to the bottom of the OBiTALK web page, click the "OBiTALK Compatible Service Providers" link.
  • Select Callcentric, enter your CC SIP username and SIP password, and let it do the rest.
  • Does that fix it?

MikeTheActuary

Does the use of Anveo's autoconfig completely hork the phone?

In other words:

SP1 = Google Voice
SP2 = Anveo
SP3 = CallCentric

...are the CC settings likely suspect even though it's being added in a different position than Anveo?

Alternatively: I'm test-driving CC, and want to keep Anveo on the phone at least for now.  If I need to reset the phone and wait until after GV and CC are up to add Anveo, or add Anveo in a different manner, or...  well, better to ask before I get started.

Thanks!

SteveInWA

I don't know for certain what Anveo does to the device's overall configuration.  In a perfect world, they'd only be configuring the one SP2 slot.

It's up to you if you want to go the drastic/total re-config steps I posted.

Here's an alternative, less-drastic approach:  you said that inbound calls work.  Assuming nothing, do you mean that you have a true, public 10-digit Callcentric inbound telephone number (DID), aside from their 1-777 number?  Does the OBiTALK dashboard show that your CC SP is in "registered" status?

If so, does every inbound call from various 10-digit phone numbers correctly ring the CC public DID?  If so, then I'd suggest downloading and installing Callcentric's softphone client on your computer, or use another softphone like X-Lite or Zoiper: https://www.callcentric.com/support/device/?category=desktop.

If you can make outbound calls with the softphone, then it should also work on the OBi.