News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone does not ring on incoming calls (but calls come through)

Started by Jon9999, September 17, 2017, 08:21:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon9999

After years of reliable service, I suddenly find that when a call comes in on my OBi 110, the attached phone does not ring and nothing is displayed on the phone's caller ID screen. The incoming call does actually come through -- and if I pick up the phone when I know that a call is coming in (like if I call myself from another phone), the call is connected perfectly. The phone just doesn't make an actual ringing noise and doesn't display anything on the its LCD screen.

The phone's ringer is not on mute. I've tried swapping out the phone for one that I know rings, and that's not it. The incoming calls are not being intercepted by OBi Attendant. Outgoing calls work fine, and everything else works with the incoming calls except the actual ringing part. I'm connected to two different SIP services as SP1 and SP2, and the problem exists with both. It was working fine until very recently.

I suspect there's something wrong with a setting somewhere that's causing the OBi 110 not to send the ring signal or the caller ID to the attached phone. Or could something inside my OBi 110 or its power supply have finally died that might be causing this? Any thoughts?

Lavarock7

Perhaps Do Not Disturb is on?

www.obihai.com/docs/OBiFeatureStarCodes.pdf
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

drgeoff

@Lavarock7. Do Not Disturb should return a busy signal to the caller.

The most likely cause is failure of the internal OBi110 hardware which generates the ringing voltage.

That is not repairable by an ordinary end-user.

Durbhasa

Quote from: Jon9999 on September 17, 2017, 08:21:19 AM
After years of reliable service, I suddenly find that when a call comes in on my OBi 110, the attached phone does not ring ...

@Jon9999 - did you ever figure out a solution for this?  Or did it just require buying a new device? I'm experiencing the same issue.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Durbhasa on October 26, 2017, 12:57:25 PM
After years of reliable service, I suddenly find that when a call comes in on my OBi 110, the attached phone does not ring ...

@Jon9999 - did you ever figure out a solution for this?  Or did it just require buying a new device? I'm experiencing the same issue.

You already have an open discussion on this in another thread.  Please work your problem there.

Durbhasa

Quote from: SteveInWA on October 26, 2017, 03:25:30 PM
Quote from: Durbhasa on October 26, 2017, 12:57:25 PM

You already have an open discussion on this in another thread.  Please work your problem there.

It is perfectly valid, and indeed eminently reasonable, to try to figure out what conclusions someone with the same symptoms as my device reached.

SteveInWA

Not really, in this case.  There are many reasons for this symptom, and whatever happened to be the case for this user, who, by the way, abandoned the conversation.

LTN1

Quote from: Durbhasa on October 26, 2017, 08:09:01 PM
It is perfectly valid, and indeed eminently reasonable, to try to figure out what conclusions someone with the same symptoms as my device reached.

Instead of trying to work through your situation with experienced forum contributors like SteveInWA, you really think a guy who posted over a month ago and hasn't responded to others who tried to help him will answer you over a month later?

Maybe just wait for Jon9999 to help you.

Why waste your time, Steve or drgeoff, with this guy?

Durbhasa

Quote from: LTN1 on October 26, 2017, 08:45:09 PM
Quote from: Durbhasa on October 26, 2017, 08:09:01 PM

Instead of trying to work through your situation with experienced forum contributors like SteveInWA, you really think a guy who posted over a month ago and hasn't responded to others who tried to help him will answer you over a month later?

Maybe just wait for Jon9999 to help you.

Why waste your time, Steve or drgeoff, with this guy?

I thought the 'cost' for all involved was low enough that it was worth a shot to see if Jon9999 had arrived at any solution, even if the likelihood of him responding & having figured out a solution was also fairly low. I'm used to pursuing multiple paths to solutions.

I apologise if this was inconveniencing or a breach of this forum's etiquette.