News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV Message "Backing Off :TCP connection to 125.190.233.64 failed"

Started by bsdaiwa, October 28, 2017, 01:59:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

Everything has been fine for several years, after switching to new ISP, I get the following message on both my GV numbers setup on my OBi200:

Connecting to 64.233.190.125
followed by, after a short time
Backing Off :TCP connection to 125.190.233.64 failed

Can anyone tell me how to correct this issue?
Thanks

bsdaiwa

Been doing more testing and here is what I have found so far...
- My CallCentric account that I setup on this device on SP1 works fine, no issues.
- I ran trace routes on both the IP addresses and they resolved.
- I port forwarded port 5060 to the OBi device.

The results are the same, still no connection to GV.

Help, Please...

Taoman

Don't know what to tell you. This is an increasingly common problem I see posted but I have yet to see a definitive cause. My first guess was a DNS issue. But it appears for most people the situation eventually resolves itself. I have suggested changing your DNS to point to Google's DNS servers but I have yet to hear back if that actually fixes anything.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13022.msg83482#msg83482

SteveInWA: Do you have any insight on what is going on here? I'm seeing more and more reports of the exact same issue with the exact same ip address (125.190.233.64 or 125.141.125.74) in Korea.
Are you seeing any similar issues in the Google Voice support forums?

bsdaiwa: Please post your former ISP name and your current ISP name.
125.190.233.64 does not resolve for me (nslookup) using Comcast DNS servers. Does that ip address resolve for you?

SteveInWA

Taoman, it's strange.  I've never seen any reports of this on the GV forum, and I've only seen a couple reports of it here.  The first time, I diagnosed it as being in Korea, and I assumed the user was up to no good with a VPN.  Given that Korea bans VoIP, it wouldn't make sense for Google to be using any IP addresses there.

bsdaiwa

Taoman, my former ISP was Oi, the Brazilian telephone company supplying DSL, The new ISP is .NET (dotNet) they are owned by Claro. The new ISP is a cable company supplying internet, TV and telephone service.

I can ping the 125.190.233.64 and get a response but if I run whois using that address I get the following response:

"The requested name is valid, but no data of the requested type was found."

I changed the DNS servers on my network to Google's (8.8.4.4 & 8.8.8.8) and the results are the same.

Let me know if I can provide any additional information.

Thanks for the help.

SteveInWA

As I recall, you have several houses around the world.  Calling via Google Voice (actually via Google "Chat" XMPP) is not available everywhere.  See the list attached.

bsdaiwa

You are right Steve, I have several homes in different locations. I am currently in Brazil and until I changed ISP's my GV setup worked perfectly.
I would take exception to the list, I have a home and relatives in Argentina and have setup OBi devices using GV there and they have functioned perfectly.
This issue is a real mystery, would sure like to solve it.
Thanks for any help and advice you can provide.

bsdaiwa

Just to add to this, I can use Hangouts on my laptop and place calls over GV, works like a charm.

GPz1100

What happens if you place the obi in DMZ? Does the new isp provide a gateway device with a builtin router or is the device simply passing a public ip to your own router/firewall?  If the former, then there could be double nat issues going on.

bsdaiwa

Thanks, I did try putting the OBi in the DMZ and that had no effect, problem continued. The device that the ISP supplies is a Humax HGB10R-02 Wireless Voice Gateway combo modem, router, Wi-Fi access (2.4 & 5GHz), 4 port switch and RJ11x2 for the phone along with a coax connector for the cable. I have set the modem/router to bridge mode and shut off the Wi-Fi since I use my own router to handle everything. Just to make sure, prior to enabling bridge mode, I disabled the units nat and firewall.

bsdaiwa

What baffles me is the fact that my CallCentric account has no problem connecting with it's server and registering. I would think if this were a DNS issue that it would also effect CallCentric.

Taoman

Quote from: bsdaiwa on October 29, 2017, 02:42:50 PM
What baffles me is the fact that my CallCentric account has no problem connecting with it's server and registering. I would think if this were a DNS issue that it would also effect CallCentric.

If it is a DNS issue you could try making a local DNS entry just to see if it makes any difference in what server you're trying to connect to. This is just for testing purposes. You wouldn't want to leave it this way.

Under System Management-->WAN settings-->Local DNS records
make the following entry and submit/save your settings.

talk.google.com=173.194.203.125:5222

Any difference noted?

bsdaiwa

Made the changes to Local DNS records and still get the same error message.
Thanks for your help.

Taoman

Quote from: bsdaiwa on October 29, 2017, 05:16:09 PM
Made the changes to Local DNS records and still get the same error message.
Thanks for your help.

Well if it doesn't resolve itself you can always pay $6 and use the Simonics Google Voice gateway. That is almost guaranteed to work for you since you'll be using straight SIP to register from your OBi. Let Bill Simon worry about the XMPP leg of the call path. I use the service and it is very reliable.

https://simonics.com/services/

bsdaiwa

Thanks Taoman, Simonics looks like it may be the way to go. Is that a one time charge of $5.99 or is there an additional monthly or yearly charge? Does Simonics gateway work if you have two (2) OBi 200's setup using the same account(s)? Since the OBi 200 in Brasil is the only device having registration issues I would set it up with Simonics or would I have to setup both?
I have one OBi 200 in Calif and one in Brasil and they both use the same two GV accounts.

Thanks again for the help.

drgeoff

Quote from: bsdaiwa on October 30, 2017, 04:16:42 AM
Thanks Taoman, Simonics looks like it may be the way to go. Is that a one time charge of $5.99 or is there an additional monthly or yearly charge? Does Simonics gateway work if you have two (2) OBi 200's setup using the same account(s)? Since the OBi 200 in Brasil is the only device having registration issues I would set it up with Simonics or would I have to setup both?
I have one OBi 200 in Calif and one in Brasil and they both use the same two GV accounts.

Thanks again for the help.
It is a one-off charge.  No additional periodic charges.

You can have multiple OBis (or SIP phones) on one GV number.  Simonics can give them separate "extension" numbers,  A bit like Callcentric. http://support.simonics.com/support/solutions/articles/3000031447-how-do-i-call-between-extensions-mini-pbx-feature-

Taoman

Quote from: bsdaiwa on October 30, 2017, 04:16:42 AM
Since the OBi 200 in Brasil is the only device having registration issues I would set it up with Simonics or would I have to setup both?

If you were going to use the Simonics gateway and both OBi devices would use the same 2 GV accounts you would need to configure Simonics on both devices. You can't be logged (actually it's authenticated) into one GV account via OBitalk web portal and authenticated into the same GV account via Simonics gateway. It's one or the other.

So you would need to pay a one-time fee of $5.99 twice......once for each GV account.

But you could have multiple OBi devices using the same GV account thru the Simonics gateway as drgeoff described.

bsdaiwa

Thanks, will wait a couple of days to see if this fixes itself, if not will sign up for Simonics. Will update this post once I get it working one way or another.
Thanks to all for your help and guidance.

azrobert

There is a way to circumvent this problem. You can use the USA OBi200 like a proxy server for the Brazil OBi200, routing inbound calls to Brazil via OBiTalk network and outbound calls to USA. It's probably better to use Simon's GV Gateway, but I thought I'd give you another option. This will give you more time to see if you can fix the problem. A GV account will only allow 2 simultaneous calls, so a 3rd call will fail. If you have 2 active simultaneous calls, one form USA and another from Brazil a third inbound call that normally will give a Call Waiting tone will fail.

To route inbound calls to Brazil use OBi Expert to make the following changes:

USA OBi200
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InbounfCallRoute: ph,pp(xxxxxxxxx)

Change xxxxxxxxx to the OBi number of the Brazil OBi200's OBi number

Brazil OBi200
Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InbounfCallRoute: ph

Routing outbound calls to the USA is a little more difficult. I'll show you how if you are interested.

Edit:
Are you using Callcentric for inbound GV calls? If you are then inbound GV should be currently working in Brazil and you only have to setup outbound calls.

bsdaiwa

Have signed up for Simon's GV but can't seem to locate clear instructions on how to setup OBi using that method. Can any of you give me a step by step on how to set it up on one of my lines, I am currently using CallCentric on SP1, GVxxxx on SP2 and trying to setup Simon's GV on SP3 using a different GV account than the one I am using on SP2. Hope that's clear.