News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

What am I missing? Obitalk 200 and Cisco SPA 303

Started by sgrapevine, October 31, 2017, 05:47:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sgrapevine

Greetings,

Excited to set up my Obitalk 200, but I'm having a mini brain meltdown.

I have the Obi hooked up to power. I also have it hooked into my router via ethernet. However, there is no phone jack on the back of my new phone to hook up with my Obitalk. There are, however, to ethernet ports on the back of the phone. Do I need to simply purchase an ethernet to phone jack adapter?

If so, do I hook it up to the ethernet port labelled SW or PC on the back of my phone while hooking the other side into the phone jack on my obi?

Thanks!

azrobert

The OBi200 is an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA). You connect a standard analog phone to the OBi200 using a RJ11 phone cord. A telephone service provider is defined on the OBi200. To define Google Voice you need to add the OBi200 to your OBiHai account. An analog phone is required for this setup.

The SPA303 is an IP Phone and connects to a router with an ethernet cable. A service provider is defined directly on the SPA303 and you don't normally need an ATA. You can't define Google Voice directly on the SPA303. You can use the SPA303 to communicate to the OBi200 over the network and then use GV defined on the OBi200. This is not a beginner setup.

The OBiHai OBi1000 series phones are IP Phones that support Google Voice. An OBi200 is not needed.

GPz1100

^^The op can use simonics gateway for google voice if the spa303 uses standard sip configuration?