News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Offline OBI cannot get the OBI to show online

Started by norrric, October 31, 2017, 04:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

norrric

I came home to a message on my dashboard status showed "GV back off" and the phone LED off. I reset my Router, modem, and OBI. Then I had the Red/Green power light blinking. So I tried the instructions on OBI for red/green blinking including reset. My status first shows "configuring" then it switches to "offline" and everything that I have tried has failed. Can someone give me an idea where I am going wrong?
Thanks

Kent

Same for mine and two other friends who have Obitalk 110 units. I cleared my SP1 from Google Voice, then reestablished my Obi110 with Google voice and saw a new IP address, but it too was giving me the same 'Backing off" notice.  My one friend noticed his Obi quite working around 5PM Central time Tuesday.   Hopefully someone else will post the fix.   

drgeoff

The "backing off" issue is the topic of several threads with those words in their titles. Cause is not yet fully understood but is almost certainly not due to any fault in your OBi box.

Read those other threads and try a change of DNS if that is within your technical ability. Otherwise, wait for a fix to be implemented or announced.

drgeoff

The red/green power light is a different problem unrelated to GV not working and "backing off".

If a reboot or a reloaded firmware does not get you back to a green power LED (solid or flashing) you probably have a hardware failure inside the OBi.

norrric

I now have the red/green power light blinking. I no longer have the backing off on the dashboard. I followed the OBI Troubleshooting for the red/green, but still have the blinking LED and the Offline status. OBI support said because it is out of support status all they can do is confirm that the OBI is "offline". Is there anything else I can try?

bmaurits

OBI 200
Same here: Backing Off :
TCP connection to 125.127.177.108 failed. Resend the Google Voice settings, confirmed and saved, still no change.

See enclosed screen captures

flustered

Like others in this thread GV back off, have a plea in to Support still waiting for response before taking drastic actions (remove/replace/new product from competitor). OBi202 states online- 2green lights-no phone connection. I reset the firmware, ran the reboot gambit and had activity for 18 minutes. Running an Emergency service through this system and need operations up and running. May have no choice but to replace asap......

SteveInWA

Quote from: flustered on November 02, 2017, 07:01:52 AM
Running an Emergency service through this system and need operations up and running. May have no choice but to replace asap......

That is the dumbest idea in telephony.  Google Voice is specifically unsuited for emergency use cases.  Use it at your own risk, and at the risk of whoever is depending on you for help.