August 26, 2019, 03:03:59 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: "We could not complete your call. Please try again."  (Read 89 times)
Xenophrenia

« on: August 23, 2019, 11:23:06 am »

Hello:

tried to make a phone call today and was told by a woman recording "We could not complete your call. Please try again." ... I don't know who the 'we' is .. I use Google Voice - with an older Vtech phone system. ... does anyone know how I determine where the calls are failing - my Obi seems to be working fine - my internet seems to be fine - my Google Voice seems to be fine ... any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

drgeoff
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2019, 12:10:18 pm »

That message is from Google Voice.

Have you tried again after waiting a few hours?

If you have another phone try plugging that in to the OBi instead of the current one.  Just to test the (small) possibility that the current phone is misdialling the digits you are pressing.
Xenophrenia

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2019, 05:31:12 pm »

That message is from Google Voice.

Have you tried again after waiting a few hours?

If you have another phone try plugging that in to the OBi instead of the current one.  Just to test the (small) possibility that the current phone is misdialling the digits you are pressing.

thanks for the heads up on origin ...

I think I solved it - for some reason we are suddenly having to put our area code before local calls and never had to do that before - not sure is something changed with Google Voice ... it worked just fine last week when I made some calls but suddenly today we were receiving this message ... will have to poke around the settings and see if we can change it back ...

appreciate the feedback  Wink
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: