News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ObiTalk not resetting Obi devices

Started by RichardC, June 22, 2019, 10:40:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichardC

I am trying to reconfigure a device using oBiTalk.  When I enter the credentials for my service, and click Submit, the program reports "Configuration has been updated successfully." but the device does not restart, and connection does not occur.  When I return to the dashboard configuration, and open SP1, it says "Service not configured".  This is a new issue, since it was working fine a couple of days ago.  I have restarted the OBI, my router and modem, and my computer, but no luck.  If I open Obi Expert, and look at the settings, the information is there, but the device will still not connect.  If I do a local login to the device and look at the Voice Services, there is no information, so the config is not being sent to the device.  I have done a Factory Reset on the device, and started over, but still no luck.  Any suggestions?

UPDATE:  If I use local configuration, and put all the required information in manually, the device registers correctly.

Thanks,

Miguelito

Sounds like my problem. I have two homes with a 202 in each. I travel between them a few times a year and upon arrival delete the SP1 configuration for GV from the one I just left and add GV to SP1 on the unit where I've just arrived. Except today it's not working. I deleted SP1 on the one device but I can't recreate it on the other one. I get the message "Configuration has been updated successfully" at the top of the page but the status for SP1 reads "Configuring" for quite a while and eventually changes to "Service not Configured." (In the past the "Configuring" message has run for a while, say 10 minutes, but I don't remember it ever ending in failure as now).

I've tried this at least a half dozen times today with no luck, even after resetting the Obi and even after updating the FW since I hadn't done that in a while. I chalked it up to doing something stupid due to being tired from a few days of travel, but then I saw RichardC's report from yesterday. Maybe there's something wrong with the Obitalk portal. I have not tried to configure the service "manually" (either via Expert Configuration or the old fashioned way through the device interface). Maybe tomorrow if things are still not working right.

I'm not a noob at this. I used the 100 for several years and switched over to the 202 when that became necessary. Curious to hear if anyone else has run up against this problem.

Miguelito

Duh. Didn't read down enough to see the other reports.

drgeoff

Quote from: Miguelito on June 23, 2019, 07:34:55 PM
Sounds like my problem. I have two homes with a 202 in each. I travel between them a few times a year and upon arrival delete the SP1 configuration for GV from the one I just left and add GV to SP1 on the unit where I've just arrived.
That is unnecessary. You can have multiple OBi2xx devices configured on one GV number. All can make and receive  calls. Optionally you could remove power from the one not in use.

As to your current problem it is more likely caused by Obihai and nothing you can do except be patient. Try again Monday afternoon US west coast time.