December 13, 2017, 02:25:41 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
News:

Forum Home   Search Login Register OBiTALK  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: OBi2182  (Read 2127 times)
dircom

« on: November 04, 2017, 07:18:27 am »

Any info yet on new products   OBi2062, OBi2162,   OBi2182
(Saw a blurb on OBihai via https://twitter.com/Obihai

« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:56:41 am by dircom » Logged
drgeoff
Hero Member & Beta Tester

« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2017, 07:46:34 am »

New phones?  Maybe the 10x2 models are to be discontinued.  All three 10x2 phones have been very heavily discounted by Amazon UK these last few months.
1022 from 149 to 89
1032 from 179 to 109
1062 from 249 to 129

Or maybe the 10x2 models will remain and the 2062, 2162 and 2182 will be pitched at lower or higher market segments.

All speculation.  We'll know when we know!

Update:
A brief mention in http://www.sangoma.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/distriwan-renforce-son-catalogue-avec-sangoma.pdf.  The date at bottom left is cropped but the only month that ends "rier" in French is Fevrier - February 2017.

The sentence in French "Parmi les produits proposes on signalera le tout nouvea OBi2182, une poste professionnel integrant Bluetooth comme WiFi et compatible PoE."

In English that means "Among the products on offer is the brand new OBi2182, a workstation integrating Bluetooth as WiFi and PoE compatible." Sounds pretty much like the existing 1062.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 08:07:23 am by drgeoff » Logged
SteveInWA

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2017, 03:51:52 pm »

Sorry that I couldn't discuss this sooner:

Yes!  Obihai will be rolling out an updated IP phone product line, with several new models.  They are currently in use by a couple of service providers and their customers.  Retail sales might start around January.  Functionally, they're very similar to the existing models, with an expanded choice of models, depending on the number of feature buttons and lines supported.

I've been testing the new 2182 model for a couple of weeks.  It's got a handsome (at least to me) new industrial design, with a textured charcoal grey face and a wrap-around metal band for accent, on the base and on the handset.  It has a wide screen with two columns of six programmable soft keys.  The base has a dedicated column of hard keys to perform various telephony functions like hold, transfer, contact list, DND, etc.  It has built-in WiFi and Bluetooth, and is compatible with professional-class headsets with electronic hook switch.  Power over Ethernet is also supported.

The menus are very similar to the existing 10x2 product line, with 4 pages of soft-key assignments for each side of the display.  It can support up to six Service Provider (SP1-SP6) configurations, including Google Voice.

Sound quality via the speaker phone is outstanding, as with the handset or headset.  HD Voice is supported.

There will be other models with fewer buttons at lower cost.  I don't have any information to share on those other models.

Sorry, but no documentation/manuals/spec sheets are available yet, but I've attached a stock photo of the 2182 below.

* OBi 2182.png (561.76 KB, 897x625 - viewed 55 times.)

SteveInWA

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2017, 08:13:00 pm »

Limited quantities of the three models of the new OBi 2000 series IP phones are now available for sale on Amazon.  A full product launch with documentation will follow by the end of the year.

OBi 2062:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076KFQYTZ

OBi 2162:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076JYGZ3C

OBi 2182:  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076JKV5CL

Product features (and thus, the differences between the three products) are described in the Amazon listings.  Of note, the 2062 "entry level" model is very similar to the 2162, but it does not include built-in WiFi and Bluetooth support.

Marc

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2017, 10:22:12 am »

Steve,

I was an early adopter of the 10x2 line for both myself and eventually a number of my clients.  I have loved these phones and the sound quality is so good, I gave up my cordless phone system.  (I do wish Obihai would come out with a cordless system... any word on whether they are working on or even thinking about it?  An add-on similar to the sidecar would be one way to go.)

Anyway, I'm wondering if in your experience with the 2xx2 phone(s) if you've noticed any difference in sound quality?  Not sure if you are allowed to speak on this, but if you were to mention just 1 or 2 valuable changes, besides the additional lines, of the 21x2 over the 1062, what would they be?

Thanks for your help.  I can't help but order one because I love my toys and have to first work with any item I end up recommending to clients.

OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi202 x 14, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 3
SteveInWA

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2017, 02:37:04 pm »

Hi Marc:

Now that the 2000 series is for sale, it's not confidential; hence my posts.  Obihai would be better equipped to list the differences -- what I know is mainly just from using the 2182 for a month or two (can't remember when I got it). 

I'd say that the underlying hardware and firmware architecture is the same or very similar to the 1000 series, and this is mainly an "industrial design" update.  In other words, it does everything the same as the previous series, made with nicer looking, high-quality materials, and with new, dedicated function keys for frequently-used commands.  The screen is bigger and wider, with rows of programmable softkeys on both the left and right sides of the screen.  The dedicated keys on the right, below the softkeys include clearly-marked keys for voicemail, volume, and for using the headset or speakerphone.

I had no trouble setting it up with my Jabra PRO 9470 headset with EHS, and the operational glitches of the early headset support on the 1000s are gone.

I am using mine with its built-in 5Gbps WiFi adapter, which also works very well.

Sound quality is outstanding, regardless of whether I'm using the handset, headset or speaker.  I didn't do any comparison to the 1000 series as far as audio quality, to be able to say if it would be better, since the 1000 series is also excellent.

One hardware change is that the Ethernet ports (inbound from the switch, and outbound to a downstream device such as a computer) are now gigabit speed, so there's no performance hit from using the phone's extra port.

For your purposes, I'd see it as simply the next-gen replacement for the 1000 series, which can do everything the old models did, with improved looks, ergonomics and button layout.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: