News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

help please can't remove OBI200 from recovery mode per support page instructions

Started by magicwine, November 05, 2017, 08:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

Don't plug anything into the alarm jack, other than a working alarm panel communicator.  Plugging anything else into that jack will open up the shorting pins, causing all the downstream jacks to not work.

The OBi couldn't possibly have "broken" your house wiring.

magicwine

As you say the obi couldn't affect the other jacks - my question is in removing the obi from jack #1 where it was and reconnecting it - since the obi causes the house wiring to become active for obi service - could any wiring have gotten loose or disconnected from jack 1 to cause the other 2 jacks not to work?

Or is it impossible that this jack that the obi is connected to affected the other two jacks in different rooms, that worked before?

Thanks
Bob

SteveInWA

How could I possibly know if your jack has a loose or disconnected wire?  Let a qualified technician inspect and troubleshoot it.

magicwine

You and I don't know :-).

I only wanted to know so I don't waste my time with the first jack that the obi phone line is plugged into, if it cannot affect the other two jacks that were active before.

If so, I'd have to chalk it up to being coincidental that the other two jacks stopped at the same time my obi went into recovery mode, quite a coincidence, but at least I won't waste my time trying to fool with the jack that the obi's phone line cord is connected to.

I presume there wasn't anything I need to do with setup again that might have gotten lost, to have addtl jacks live?

Thanks.

Bob

SteveInWA

Are you actually the ghost of Peter Falk/Columbo?  "Just one more question..."

I said I can't help you further.  You have a wiring error.  I'm not going to post anything further.