News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anveo service not working

Started by fmj77, November 05, 2017, 10:35:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fmj77

I cannot get Anveo to work with my Obi 200. It keeps saying "Register Failed: No response from server" on the dashboard. I have tried going through the setup process again but it isn't working. Any help is appreciated.

drgeoff

Is this a new setup or have you Anveo working on this OBi before?

Are any other service providers configured and working?

Does **9 222 222 222 get you to the echo test man?

Taoman

Dallas server is currently down but you should automatically fail over to the Montreal server. If that isn't happening your configuration is not correct.

Make sure X_ProxyServerRedundancy and X_SecondaryRegistration and X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix are all checked under:

Service Providers-->ITSP Profile X SIP

where X is the SP number of your Anveo configuration.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r31681103-Anveo-down

fmj77

Taoman, everything is checked as you stated and it is still not working.

Taoman

Quote from: fmj77 on November 05, 2017, 11:11:52 AM
Taoman, everything is checked as you stated and it is still not working.

What is the specific error message you are seeing under Status.

I am registering to 67.212.84.21 (Montreal POP server) without issue.

fmj77

"Register failed: no response from server."

Taoman

And it's not showing the ip address of the POP server it's trying to register to?

fmj77

Taoman

Quote from: fmj77 on November 05, 2017, 11:26:38 AM
Where would I find the IP?

Under Status. Same place you see the error message you posted.

Do you have any other Service Providers configured and are they working?

fmj77

Google Voice is working fine under SP2.

fmj77

Quote from: Taoman on November 05, 2017, 11:18:25 AM
And it's not showing the ip address of the POP server it's trying to register to?

Found the IP. It shows as server 67.212.84.21:5010. It keeps retrying to connect.

Taoman

Quote from: fmj77 on November 05, 2017, 11:41:29 AM

Found the IP. It shows as server 67.212.84.21:5010. It keeps retrying to connect.

Wow. That should be working. That's what I'm currently registered to and I've restarted my OBi several times to see if there is an issue. I register every time immediately.

Don't have an answer for you. I'll have to ponder it for awhile.

fmj77

I'm starting to wish I hadn't cancelled my service with Vestalink. Even though customer support was basically absent with them, I never had this sort of problem. It always worked. How can I get my sip credentials from Anveo if it says it's restricted on my account?

Taoman

Are you still having a problem? Dallas POP server is back up.

My PrimaryProxyServer is now the Dallas POP (72.9.149.69)
My SecondaryProxyServer is now the Montreal POP (67.212.84.21)

Earlier they were both Montreal.

Taoman

Quote from: fmj77 on November 05, 2017, 12:00:23 PM
How can I get my sip credentials from Anveo if it says it's restricted on my account?

If you have one of the Anveo for OBiTALK plans you can't get your SIP credentials. That's one of the reasons why it's so cheap. The only endpoint allowed is your OBi device. During setup your SIP credentials get automatically provisioned onto your OBi. But you can't access them.

fmj77

I'm back up now. But Anveo gave me my SIP credentials, so I guess I could use those to manually set it up with a different server if the Dallas one goes down again.

66michael99

Quote from: fmj77 on November 05, 2017, 12:00:23 PM
I'm starting to wish I hadn't cancelled my service with Vestalink. Even though customer support was basically absent with them, I never had this sort of problem. It always worked. How can I get my sip credentials from Anveo if it says it's restricted on my account?

Could it be a problem with billing?