News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ringtone changes when adding callcentric SP, how to fix?

Started by OneQuitter, November 06, 2017, 08:47:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

OneQuitter

Hi, I'm having an issue and I'm not sure how to solve it. I have an OBi200 device that I use with google voice and callcentric. When I add the callcentric, it changes the ringtone of the phone from the standard long ring to a weird double short ring. I've tried swapping the SP assignments for google voice and callcentric hoping that it would switch back, but it doesn't. How do I fix this? it's not a huge issue, but it's annoying. Any help is appreciated thanks!

chilirock

I also have GV setup on SP1 and CallCentric setup on SP2. I was at first confused by the double ringing for calls coming into CallCentric on SP2. This is actually a feature, not a bug. The Obi200 allows you to configure multiple ring tones / patterns and assign distinctive rings to each SPx provider.

I assume you would like the ring pattern to be the same as the ring pattern for calls coming in on SP1. To change this, assuming CallCentric is configured on SP2, go to Voice Service>SP2 Service and change X_RingProfile from "B" to "A". Then hit the Submit button, and Return back to the edit page. Then click the "Reboot" button to apply your change.

You can also change X_CodecProfile from B to A at the same time so that the settings for SP2 are consistent. That's how I have mine configured. Let me know if you have any questions.

OneQuitter

You're a lifesaver, mate! I didn't realize how annoying the new tone would be until the line started getting used more. Thanks!