News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Resolved: Obi110 Stopped taking incoming calls. (Unrelated to GV issues)

Started by GarFin, November 07, 2017, 04:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GarFin

Hi.. Nothing to my knowledge has changed with my setup, in fact, it appears to have stopped functioning while we were away on a short holiday. Outbound calls still go out to my voip provider as normal. incoming calls however don't seem to be picked up (answered) by the Obi and dealt with by Auto Attendant. I've reapplied by last known good config backup , just to be sure, but still no joy.

Phone and line status page seems to stay the same , regardless of whether calls are idle or incoming. (not sure what i should expect to see here , to be honest.)

Help please !?

Rgds

GarFin

Hi Steve..
I have been reading that thread , but didn't believe it was related, as i don't use GoogleVoice services.
My 110 is meant to answer on 1st ring, play a message to the caller , where he is instructed to press 1 to be connected through. It had been working this way, happily, for around 6 months.

SteveInWA

I see.  You'll then need to do some basic troubleshooting.  Is your OBi connected to the OBiTALK dashboard, or did you configure it locally?  Depending on which of those two things you did, check either the OBiTALK dashboard or the device's local webserver at its IP address, go to Expert configuration mode, and look at the status of your service provider registration.

GarFin

Hi again, and thanks for the assistance with this.

Configured locally..

I'm not quite sure i follow why my provider registration is important.. as outbound calls are leaving the Obi to my voip provider and reaching their destination as normal.
Its purely incoming calls from my ADSL telstra line that aren't being answered/dealt with anymore.. (i've put a phone in parallel with the Obi, just so i can hear it ringing when a call is coming in..)

SteveInWA

I asked about registration, because it's possible for some SIP service providers to make outbound calls without being registered to the server for inbound calls.  But that's not the case here, as you've confirmed.

I guess I don't understand what is your issue.   The call history log shows that the OBi AA answered the call, and then passed it onto Phone 1.

You also said "Its purely incoming calls from my ADSL telstra line that aren't being answered/dealt with anymore.."

That sounds like a non-OBi issue to me.

Perhaps someone will have more insight than I on what's up; sorry.

GarFin

Hi Steve, sorry if my explanations are clouding the issue.

The previous attached call log was the last time an incoming call registered and worked. Since that date , incoming calls no longer register in the call log , and nor do they get answered by the Obi and sent to the connected house phones.  (a temporary phone in parallel with Obi Line in , does ring as you would expect on an inbound call, the ring tone/cadence sounds normal enough.. unsure why the Obi doesn't hear or recognise it as a 'ring' though.)

Obi is still under Wrty and Premium Tech support though to  May 2018.

*Edit: Hmm.. plugging that temporary phone into the line in cable of the Obi  , has no dialtone.. plugging same phone into 'street' side of the ADSL filter/splitter has dialtone. Thinking now i DO have a wiring or filter issue.
I will need to dig a little deeper.

*Update: Found my issue... not the Obi afterall. it appears that the house alarm 'dialler' has a stuck relay that is not passing the phone line through to the Obi. I have put a bypass loop in, until i can get the alarm panel looked at.