News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can’t connect with GV voicemail

Started by nicmart, November 09, 2017, 02:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nicmart

This has probably been answered a hundred times.

I have two GV numbers connected to an Obi 200. The first one, my identified dial-out, works fine when I dial to it for voicemail. The second doesn't identify the dial-out number as valid because I can't, of course, add it in GV as an additional phone line. So, it asks me to enter an associated number each time I call for voicemail.

Is there a workaround?

In the past I used this same set-up with an Obi 100 and never had this problem.

SteveInWA

Consider this scenario, and adapt it to match your actual configuration:

Google Voice number 1 is assigned to your OBi, SP1.  SP1 is assigned as the default call-out SPx.

Google Voice number 2 is assigned to your OBi, SP2.

To access voicemail for GV2/SP2, preface the Google Voice number with **2

drgeoff

Quote from: nicmart on November 09, 2017, 02:35:56 PM
This has probably been answered a hundred times.

I have two GV numbers connected to an Obi 200. The first one, my identified dial-out, works fine when I dial to it for voicemail. The second doesn't identify the dial-out number as valid because I can't, of course, add it in GV as an additional phone line. So, it asks me to enter an associated number each time I call for voicemail.

Is there a workaround?

In the past I used this same set-up with an Obi 100 and never had this problem.
If I understand correctly, you do not need a workaround.  If you prepend **2 to the second GV number does it reach your voicemail?

If that works, you can eliminate the need for the **2 by a simple configuration change to your OBi200.

Physical Interfaces/Phone Port/OutboundCallRoute. Insert
{1234567890:sp2},
including the comma to be at the start of the line. Use your second GV number where I have shown 1234567890.

Use the Expert mode on the portal to make the change.

nicmart

Quote from: SteveInWA on November 09, 2017, 03:03:21 PM
Consider this scenario, and adapt it to match your actual configuration:

Google Voice number 1 is assigned to your OBi, SP1.  SP1 is assigned as the default call-out SPx.

Google Voice number 2 is assigned to your OBi, SP2.

To access voicemail for GV2/SP2, preface the Google Voice number with **2

Thanks. Works.

nicmart

Quote from: drgeoff on November 09, 2017, 03:08:36 PM
If I understand correctly, you do not need a workaround.  If you prepend **2 to the second GV number does it reach your voicemail?

If that works, you can eliminate the need for the **2 by a simple configuration change to your OBi200.

including the comma to be at the start of the line. Use your second GV number where I have shown 1234567890.

Thanks for the info. Under Physical Interface there are two choices: Phone 1 and Line. Phone Port doesn't appear.

nicmart

Putting **2+phone number on the phone's speed dial seems like the simplest solution.

drgeoff

Quote from: nicmart on November 09, 2017, 03:22:04 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on November 09, 2017, 03:08:36 PM

Thanks for the info. Under Physical Interface there are two choices: Phone 1 and Line. Phone Port doesn't appear.
Yes, PHONE1.
If you see Line then you must have an OBiLINE plugged in to the USB socket on an OBi200.

You might also consider setting up speed-dials so you don't have to dial either of the full 10 digit numbers.

Edit:  I see you already thought of that.  :)

nicmart

Quote from: drgeoff on November 09, 2017, 03:34:11 PM
You might also consider setting up speed-dials so you don't have to dial either of the full 10 digit numbers.

Yes, thanks again. Incredibly, the Vtech cordless phone set I bought months ago has no speed dial option, so back it goes.

drgeoff

Quote from: nicmart on November 09, 2017, 04:09:47 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on November 09, 2017, 03:34:11 PM

Yes, thanks again. Incredibly, the Vtech cordless phone set I bought months ago has no speed dial option, so back it goes.
Set speed dials on the Obi instead.