News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Other person can't hear me.

Started by mjsobi, August 09, 2011, 10:31:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

randomLettersandNumbers

I've heard a considerable amount of complaints from homebase (my house) about other party answering the phone call unable to hear the google voice service.  Sometimes I can't hear the person calling us. 

Yes, it is very random and I to have tried the QOS method, forwarding ports and read that if this occurs then it could be a NAT issue with the router.  Clearly, this is really an issue with either the device or the "best effort" service Google Voice provides.  Has anyone tried any of the other VOIP companies that the OBITalk works with? I'm thinking of just paying for VOIP as I my google voice experience has been less than steller! Again it was free service... so.. can't complain too much but it is not consistent.

I have a Dlink DGL-4500 gamer router.
Advanced -UDP Endpoint Filtering set to Address Restricted
Advanced -TCP Endpoint Filtering set to  Port And Address Restricted
Advanced - Firewall - SIP box is unchecked.   I've had it checked before but doesn't see to make a difference. This was advice regarding removing any NAT issue from the router.

Gaming Rules:
Google Voice  Obi IPaddress  TCP port 5222  set to always allow

QOS Game Fuel Rules used:
Obi Gtalk UDP  Prority:50  Local IP Range: Obi IPaddress   Remote IP Range:74.125.0.0 - 74.125.255.255 UDP ports 1 / 65535 local and remote

Obi Gtalk TCP  Prority:50  Local IP Range: Obi IPaddress   Remote IP Range:74.125.0.0 - 74.125.255.255 UDP ports 1 / 65535 local and remote

I did have specific port ranges before but it didn't seem to matter so I opened it all up for QOS.

xincedar

I called my friend this morning by using my phone (through OBi110 and GV). But she can't hear me and I can hear her. Then I called her by using my computer through GV, every thing was fine. It seems OBi problem, not GV problem.

amac

Have same problem here. Called someone this morning and they couldn't hear me. Called right back and all was fine. Then a bit later, I called a number that required me to be on hold for a live person. I waited and waited, only to find that when the live person finally picked up, they couldn't hear me. Not cool!

raindoctor1

I have the same problem today, twice: one in the middle of an interview. I had to call the interviewer back.

jkmhb

The family users have revolted. Out goes the Obi110, in goes the Cisco SPA3102. It was (not) fun while it lasted. I'll post here if I have the same problems, but I doubt it will happen.

Blacky

Please let me know also I am having the same issue. :'(

corg

still have this one way audio problem. Very random. How does obi110 with google voice work? Does obi110 still talk to the obitalk network using sip and at the same time talking to googlevoice using xmpp? If a port 5060 is opened is it for the googlevoice or is it for obitalk?  Since I can see my obi110 device having green color online, thus I would think there is some communication between the obi110 and obitalk. Anyone knows the answers?

guyinsb

Same problem.  Configuration:  Cox cable service, SurfBoard SB5101U cable modem, wrt160nv3 router, OBihai 110 connected to two Google Voice account, and to a landline.  Wife is demanding a solution.

S--F

I have this problem across more than one ISP and with multiple routers.

What's causing it? Is it the OBI or is it GV?

jmsnyc

Its 100% the Obi.   I have been using Google Voice without the Obi for a year and never had this problem.

This is really frustrating to spend $50 on a device for the purpose of getting GV and it doesnt work!

DaveSin

Quote from: jmsnyc on September 21, 2011, 02:51:30 PM
Its 100% the Obi.   I have been using Google Voice without the Obi for a year and never had this problem.

This is really frustrating to spend $50 on a device for the purpose of getting GV and it doesnt work!

If you are 100% sure it is the device, why not contact OBiSupport and let them know that their product is defective and you would like to get your $50 back.  I'm sure they would oblige.  My question to you is, if it was an issue with the device, why haven't see an avalanche of complaints from OBI users?  Secondly, if you have an VOIP provider on SP2 (or SP1), have you experience any audio issues?

You should be aware that Google Voice was not setup to be your primary phone or standalone phone system.  If you are not happy, return the product and stop bitching, since I have not had any audio issues whatsoever!!  I'm sure your Landline company will be more than happy to accept your $40+ per month.

jmsnyc

Quote from: DaveSin on September 21, 2011, 03:05:44 PM
If you are 100% sure it is the device, why not contact OBiSupport and let them know that their product is defective and you would like to get your $50 back.  I'm sure they would oblige.  My question to you is, if it was an issue with the device, why haven't see an avalanche of complaints from OBI users?  Secondly, if you have an VOIP provider on SP2 (or SP1), have you experience any audio issues?

You should be aware that Google Voice was not setup to be your primary phone or standalone phone system.  If you are not happy, return the product and stop bitching, since I have not had any audio issues whatsoever!!  I'm sure your Landline company will be more than happy to accept your $40+ per month.

stop bitching???  i am simply looking for a solution as to why the other caller can't hear me... whether or not its a standalone phone it should still work - basic functionality is that a phone conversation is suppose to be two way - to imply that because its a cheap solution one sided conversations should be acceptable is just idiotic... and just because you are not having any issues, there are a few other threads on this so other people are experiencing this

i have not been paying ma bell for probably the past 10 years, other voip providers have worked fine and there are other cheap options, each with its own flaws but at least basic phone functionality works... i.e. magicjack, netduo etc

and like i said i have been using google voice without the obihai and it worked fine...

I'm not saying the device is defective, I am saying there is something wrong that is preventing, on an inconsistent basis for the other party from hearing me.   It could be hardware, firmware or even an incorrect setting on my device.  I am just posting on this forum trying to find a solution.

jeremyan

I'm having exactly the same issue.  One third of my calls through GV ended up with the other party complaining about breaking up audio.  Sometimes the voice was good for the first minute and it started to break up.  I've tried a lot of suggestions (port fordwarding, DMZ, QOS) with 2 different RGs and none of them helped.  I'm having 2 lines, one is GV and the other is callcentric.  The callcentric one is better in quality but the voice still breaks up sometimes.  I've monitored this forum for quite a while and looks like it's not my own issue.

facaletz

I am having the same problem and it is not trough Gvoice ,just  sip and pstn line,also the people here should focus on technical problems trying to help each other and then the life will be beautiful again. :o

jmsnyc

I just want to mention that I contacted support and they pushed a firmware update.  I had updated recently (less than a month ago) so I am not sure if it was different than what I had.

I am not sure if the problem is resolved because it happens sporatically but I will post again if it reoccurs.

RonR

Quote from: jmsnyc on September 26, 2011, 05:34:55 PM
I just want to mention that I contacted support and they pushed a firmware update.

Is this the version you are currently using?:

SoftwareVersion          1.3.0 (Build: 2532)

jmsnyc

Quote from: RonR on September 26, 2011, 05:38:24 PM
I just want to mention that I contacted support and they pushed a firmware update.

I think that is what I was using.

1.3.0 (Build: 2558)

tome

Quote from: jmsnyc on September 26, 2011, 05:58:54 PM
Quote from: RonR on September 26, 2011, 05:38:24 PM

I think that is what I was using.

1.3.0 (Build: 2558)

Hmm, wonder when/if we'll see this in the wild.
Tom

jmsnyc

I still have issues.

I just tried to make a call and I could not hear the callee nor could she hear me.  I then tried to call myself on my cell and the same thing happened.

I am thinking Obihai has firmware bugs.  

Also, is call waiting disabled by default?  It does not work either, just goes to voicemail if I am on the phone.  Or does GV not support it? 

Update:  It is enabled by default under Physical Interfaces Phone Port but it does not work.