News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Basic questions re: Simonics GVGW

Started by mo832, November 10, 2017, 04:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mo832

After a successful setup with the gateway service using Google Voice and an Obi100, will the user be able to make a direct outgoing call by dialing from the phone's keypad?

In all other ways, will the phone operate with the GV number as it always has, with the exception of a different service name showing on the Obitalk config page?

And finally, if I have any special settings or tweaks in the advanced configurations in the Obi hardware, will they carry forward without alteration once I delete and re-add the SP ?

drgeoff

Quote from: mo832 on November 10, 2017, 04:03:59 PM
After a successful setup with the gateway service using Google Voice and an Obi100, will the user be able to make a direct outgoing call by dialing from the phone's keypad?

In all other ways, will the phone operate with the GV number as it always has, with the exception of a different service name showing on the Obitalk config page?

And finally, if I have any special settings or tweaks in the advanced configurations in the Obi hardware, will they carry forward without alteration once I delete and re-add the SP ?
Yes
Not exactly the same.  In some ways better.  For example you get Caller Name.
Very probably but without you specifying what those tweaks are, it is not possible to be certain.

azrobert

QuoteIn all other ways, will the phone operate with the GV number as it always has, with the exception of a different service name showing on the Obitalk config page?

See:
http://support.simonics.com/support/solutions/articles/3000032339-there-is-a-1-to-2-second-delay-when-answering-a-call

QuoteAnd finally, if I have any special settings or tweaks in the advanced configurations in the Obi hardware, will they carry forward without alteration once I delete and re-add the SP ?

To be safe save a copy of the following in a text file:
The SP DigitMap
Phone Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute

mo832

Thanks for the responses. OK, now if successful going through the simonics login and authorization pages, and having the status page show "online" and "registered", will the connection to the gateway remain on, even if you close down your browser or your computer is completely turned off?

Will the connection remain active indefinitely similar to how the Obi would stay connected with the old GV connection?

If the Obi is power cycled and/or the internet connection is broken/turned off, will the Obi automatically sign in to the Simonics gateway upon reconnecting to the internet without opening a browser or any other manual intervention (this is how it worked before with direct GV connection and also SIP to Callcentric)?

I guess I'm just wondering how often the authorization is required, or is it a one-time thing unless you reset the SP.

drgeoff

Quote from: mo832 on November 12, 2017, 04:31:01 PM
Thanks for the responses. OK, now if successful going through the simonics login and authorization pages, and having the status page show "online" and "registered", will the connection to the gateway remain on, even if you close down your browser or your computer is completely turned off?

Will the connection remain active indefinitely similar to how the Obi would stay connected with the old GV connection?

If the Obi is power cycled and/or the internet connection is broken/turned off, will the Obi automatically sign in to the Simonics gateway upon reconnecting to the internet without opening a browser or any other manual intervention (this is how it worked before with direct GV connection and also SIP to Callcentric)?

I guess I'm just wondering how often the authorization is required, or is it a one-time thing unless you reset the SP.
The computer is only used for the initial account opening at Simonics and to get the SIP details to put in your OBi.  Unless you want to later use the multiple extensions feature of the gateway you don't need to go to simonics.com again.

Once your Obi is configured with the SIP details, it communicates directly with the Simonics gateway.  The state of your PC is irrelevant.

Restoration of service after a local power outage or internet interruption is exactly the same as with any other ITSP.

mo832