News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to change GV voice number for the OBI100

Started by goodobi, August 10, 2011, 10:30:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goodobi

HELLO, I tried to change a Google voice number for an obi110 in obitalk.com /dashboard and submitted but it doesn't seem to take any effect?
what's going on?
please advise.
thanks.

jimates

You just change the gmail log in credentials for the google voice account (if they changed). You don't change the phone number.

If you meant you are using a different google voice number than before on your obi, again you just enter the correct gmail log in credentials.

goodobi

that's what I did : I had 2 google voice accounts, 1 for my wife and 1 for myself: we have 2 different GV numbers and therefore 2 different login credentials but the change on the Dashboard doesn't seem to take any effect.

jimates

If you only have basic configuration I would suggest deleting the google voice completely (click the red X next to it on the dashboard) and put in the new one.

goodobi

I did that too:  under Voice Configure Service , I removed Service provider 1 ( google voice account)  and saved the changes but nothing helps.

Can you test this yourself?
Should I delete the device and re-add the devide with my new google voice credentials instead? Is there any issue in doing this? will I be able to re-add the device with the new credentilas without issue?

thanks

RonR

If all else fails, simply log into the OBi at the IP address given when you dial ***1 and configure your Google Voice account manually.  It's only a couple of settings (all the rest are at Default):

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> Name : Google Voice
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> SignalingProtocol : Google Voice

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthUserName : (Google Voice username)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> AuthPassword : (Google Voice password)
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_SkipCallScreening : (checked)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service