News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Ring one line at a time

Started by Morgen, November 14, 2017, 11:40:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgen

I use Obihai Obi202 with which i have 2 phone lines. the problem is that all my calls ring on both lines and even after i pick up the call  it still rings on the other line. is there anyway i can set that it only ring one line and if that line is busy it will ring the other?

i hope you understand...  :)

thanx

BigJim_McD

Morgen, 
We use an OBi202 with a two line portable phone for our Home phone service.

I configured the following OBi202 configuration settings using OBiTalk OBiExpert Mode.

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute > {ph1}

Calling Features > CallForwardOnBusyEnable   [x} {Checked}
CallForwardOnBusyNumber    ph2(#)

Physical Interfaces > PHONE1 Port > PHONE Port > Calling Feature
CallWaitingEnable [ ]   {NOT Checked}
BigJimMcD

Morgen

drgeoff

Quote from: Morgen on November 15, 2017, 11:50:11 AM
what does the ph2(#) mean?
On an OBi202, dialling a # calls the other phone port.

Morgen

so i put in either ({ph2} or (#)) one or both ({ph2}(#))

GPz1100

(#) is a place holder.. It's either ph1 or ph2.

In our config, sp1 rings phone line 1, sp2 rings phone line 2.  Neither rings the other - 1 line is for fax, other for another handset.

SP1

SP2

Morgen

BigJim_McD,

what do you think if i have a 2 line phone plugged into ph1 and a separate phone to ph2 (so all in all i have 3 lines - 2 from ph1 and 1 from ph2)

is there any way i can make it ring only line one of ph1 first? and if busy line 2 of ph1 and if busy line 1 of ph2?

drgeoff

Quote from: Morgen on November 16, 2017, 11:29:10 AM
BigJim_McD,

what do you think if i have a 2 line phone plugged into ph1 and a separate phone to ph2 (so all in all i have 3 lines - 2 from ph1 and 1 from ph2)

is there any way i can make it ring only line one of ph1 first? and if busy line 2 of ph1 and if busy line 1 of ph2?
There are only two phone-set interface circuits inside the OBi202.  The PHONE1 jack is wired to both of them.  The PHONE2 jack is wired to one.  So one line of your 2-line phone and the only line on the other phone are commoned by physical wiring within the OBi202.  It is impossible to have the "3-stages" that you ask about.

Morgen

Quote from: drgeoff on November 16, 2017, 11:59:44 AM

There are only two phone-set interface circuits inside the OBi202.  The PHONE1 jack is wired to both of them.  The PHONE2 jack is wired to one.  So one line of your 2-line phone and the only line on the other phone are commoned by physical wiring within the OBi202.  It is impossible to have the "3-stages" that you ask about.
oh. my mistake. i got it.

Morgen

Quote from: BigJim_McD on November 14, 2017, 01:53:55 PM
Morgen, 
We use an OBi202 with a two line portable phone for our Home phone service.

I configured the following OBi202 configuration settings using OBiTalk OBiExpert Mode.

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute > {ph1}

Calling Features > CallForwardOnBusyEnable   [x} {Checked}
CallForwardOnBusyNumber    ph2(#)

Physical Interfaces > PHONE1 Port > PHONE Port > Calling Feature
CallWaitingEnable [ ]   {NOT Checked}

tried this but for some reason does not forward to second line.

do you have any idea why or how i can help this?

azrobert

You can't just take the phone off-hook to make the line busy. You need to be on an active call.  This is how it worked when I tested this function in the past. I assume it still works the same way.

Use ph2 for the BusyNumber. The (#) probably won't cause problems, but why use it if not needed.

The forwarding settings can be defined on either the Phone Port or the SPx Service. Use the SPx Service settings.

Morgen

Quote from: azrobert on November 28, 2017, 03:01:29 PM
You can't just take the phone off-hook to make the line busy. You need to be on an active call.  This is how it worked when I tested this function in the past. I assume it still works the same way.

Use ph2 for the BusyNumber. The (#) probably won't cause problems, but why use it if not needed.

The forwarding settings can be defined on either the Phone Port or the SPx Service. Use the SPx Service settings.

this also did not help. it only rings in ph1 for first call and ph2 never rings (when i call when ph1 is busy it just rings and goes to voicmail but none of the phones ring...)