News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Time display on connected phone

Started by DougK, February 28, 2018, 06:41:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DougK

So, I just recently got an obi200 adaptor and got it setup with google voice for outbound and callcentric for
e911 and incoming calls for cname.  Everything went smoothly, but there is one small detail that's
not a big deal, but would be nice.  With my old service from comcast, my cordless phone displayed the current time of day, but now it only shows 12:00A.  Is there some setting for this or does the obi200 just not support it?  Thanks in advance.

DougK

Nevermind, I just programed the phone manually to the current time.  I didn't remember doing that before, so I had assumed it was getting set automatically.  Silly me.  :)

SteveInWA

Many standard analog telephones (desk/wall/cordless) can get the time of day automatically from the caller ID service.  When a call comes in, it has a timestamp, and so the phone sets its clock to that time.  So, you need to receive at least one inbound call for that to happen.  Of course, this assumes that the telephone in question actually has that feature.  Many older phones don't (obviously not, if they don't have caller ID displays).  If your phone has a display AND caller ID, it should set the clock, as long as that setting is enabled on the phone.

This assumes that your OBi is actually online and you configured it with the correct time zone.

DougK

I had caller-id records stored which had correct time-stamps, so my telephone must not have that feature.