News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Change Speed Dial Number on OBi Dashboard

Started by bsdaiwa, November 15, 2017, 03:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsdaiwa

Is anyone aware of a way to change a devices speed dial number listed on the OBi Dashboard? I have multiple devices and would like to put them in a specific order and some devices have been deleted but remaining devices have speed dial numbers that are out of sequence. Also, is there a way to sort speed dial numbers listed on the Dashboard?

drgeoff

Try this:

In the list of speed dials on the dashboard each one has an ID number. Use the pull downs to change every one to a new number higher than the current highest one. Click 'Save Changes'. Then change them again to the numbers you want them to be. Click 'Save Changes'.

You will not be able to move the softphone from ID 1.

If the final blank line has a ID you want to use elsewhere, click on the 'Add new line'. The previous blank line will then get a red cross enabling you to delete it and free the ID.

bsdaiwa

Thanks drgeoff, that takes care of the speed dial number changes I wanted to make but it doesn't change the way my devices are listed on the OBi Dashboard/My OBi Devices page. I would like to sort the listing by speed dial number. Currently the devices are listed by type based on when they were activated.

drgeoff

Quote from: bsdaiwa on November 15, 2017, 05:08:12 AM
Thanks drgeoff, that takes care of the speed dial number changes I wanted to make but it doesn't change the way my devices are listed on the OBi Dashboard/My OBi Devices page. I would like to sort the listing by speed dial number. Currently the devices are listed by type based on when they were activated.
Apart from the softphone at the bottom of the list my other devices are sorted by the 9 digit OBi number. Highest at the top. I think you cannot change that listing.

bsdaiwa

Quote from: drgeoff on November 15, 2017, 05:56:42 AM
Quote from: bsdaiwa on November 15, 2017, 05:08:12 AM
Apart from the softphone at the bottom of the list my other devices are sorted by the 9 digit OBi number. Highest at the top. I think you cannot change that listing.
I found that mine are listed in the order they were activated. I could delete all and then reactivate them in reverse order, that would put the one I want as first in the list at the top. Too much trouble and some of the devices are in other countries with relatives that have no clue how to activate them.
As always, thanks for the help and advice.