News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Where to locate my setup - without causing interference

Started by overhear, November 16, 2017, 04:58:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overhear

I just purchased an Obi200 because it was impossible to get good sound quality with Google voice on my computer and I figured an Obi paired with my old cordless phone would be an improvement. But now I'm a little unsure of where to locate all the electronics. I have a Panasonic KX-TG7645M (DECT 6.0) cordless phone and I've read some reports that DECT 6.0 units can cause interference with obis if placed too close by (https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8904.0;wap2)

My questions are:

• Is the issue of cordless phones causing interference on Obis a big problem? If so, how do people address this?
  • If I purchase a WIFI adaptor and move the phone and obi into an adjacent bedroom should I expect degraded performance?

It would defeat the purpose of all this new equipment if I couldn't make a substantial improvement in quality.

SteveInWA

Hi:  the alleged issue you describe may not actually exist.  There are no wireless components inside an OBi 200/202.

It's conceivable that placing the phone's base right on top of the OBi could flood it with enough RF interference to cause problems, but DECT 6.0 is specifically designed and internationally certified for RF safety.  It operates at low power, and it has to be safe enough to hold up against your head.

You should be able to place the two units a foot or so apart, with no problem.