News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi200 DigitMap - How do I eliminate the 3 second delay for 10-digit dialing?

Started by 2Tall, November 21, 2017, 11:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2Tall

Nearly all of my outbound calls from my analog cordless through the OBi200 involve 10-digit dialing.  When I dial the 10 digit number followed by # and then go off-hook, the first ring is heard in about 1/2 second after the #.  When I don't add the #, it takes about 3 seconds before I hear the first ring.

This is what my DigitMap looks like for Callcentric, (*xx|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1757>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

When I dial the number using the caller id memory (i.e. returning a call) on the Panasonic handset, there is no way to automatically add the #.  Any suggestions on how to speed up the match in the OBi200 once the 10th digit is dialed?  Thanks.
2Tall

drgeoff

Quote from: 2Tall on November 21, 2017, 11:51:31 PM
Nearly all of my outbound calls from my analog cordless through the OBi200 involve 10-digit dialing.  When I dial the 10 digit number followed by # and then go off-hook, the first ring is heard in about 1/2 second after the #.  When I don't add the #, it takes about 3 seconds before I hear the first ring.

This is what my DigitMap looks like for Callcentric, (*xx|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1757>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

When I dial the number using the caller id memory (i.e. returning a call) on the Panasonic handset, there is no way to automatically add the #.  Any suggestions on how to speed up the match in the OBi200 once the 10th digit is dialed?  Thanks.
Try adding S0 to make it
(*xx|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1757>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

2Tall

Quote from: drgeoff on November 22, 2017, 01:36:44 AM
Try adding S0 to make it
(*xx|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1757>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

Thank you, drgeoff, for taking the time to reply with a possible solution.  Unfortunately, it didn't help.  This represents the 3rd time I've attempted to get a resolution to this annoyance.  

My previous ATA was a carrier supplied Grandstream HT702.  When I switched carriers, I had to purchase my own ATA. My experience with Grandstream and their support had me leaning strongly in the direction of the Grandstream HT802. However, I decided on the OBi200, in part, because of Google Voice as a backup.
2Tall

ProfTech

There are 2 or 3 things that could be delaying your dialing.

1. You have both 10 digit and 7 digit dialing configured. This causes a delay when dialing 7 digit numbers. Remove the <> brackets from <1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx so it becomes 1[2-9]xxxxxxxxx. Your user will be forced to dial the 1 (11 digit long distance) but it will reduce the delay when dialing 7 digits..
2. Remove the "xx." completely. You already have international dialing configured. It is a catch-all that allows dialing any number but causes a 10 second delay unless you add the #.
3. I would remove the "[^*]@@." can't remember it's purpose. Not sure how much delay it might cause.
4. Remove the (Mipd). Same reasoning.

2 or 3 seconds is not an inordinate call setup time though. Since you don't call 7 digit numbers very often simply removing the xx. could solve your issue if 10 digit dialing is important to you.

2Tall

Quote from: ProfTech on November 25, 2017, 06:10:51 AM
2. Remove the "xx." completely. You already have international dialing configured. It is a catch-all that allows dialing any number but causes a 10 second delay unless you add the #.

2 or 3 seconds is not an inordinate call setup time though. Since you don't call 7 digit numbers very often simply removing the xx. could solve your issue if 10 digit dialing is important to you.

ProfTech, a B I G thank you for ending several months of frustration. Removing the "xx." changed the delay from 3 seconds to around 1 second.  There is now no discernible difference in connect time between doing 10digit or 1+10digit dialing with or without the # key appended.  When I now place a call using the caller id memory, there will no longer be that long 3-second delay due to the # key not being appended. I had also previously removed the strings associated with IP dialing based on what I found while continuing to search for an answer in the meantime.  Thank you, immensely, for your comprehensive response as it has helped to shelve my buyer's remorse.
2Tall

azrobert

I previously posted the following on another thread:
QuoteThe OBi analyzes each digit as they are received and will process the received digits immediately or wait for more digits depending on the rules in the DigitMap.

There are 2 timers.
The short timer is 2 seconds.
The long timer is 10 seconds.

If a dialed number only matches a rule ending with "x.", there will be a 10 second delay.
This is considered an Indefinite Match because "x." will match any number of digits and the long timer is used. The OBi doesn't know if you will enter additional digits, so it waits.

If the dialed number matches a rule without "x.", it will result in an Exact Match. If the dialed number can potentially match another rule if more digits are entered, the OBi will use the short timer of 2 seconds. If the dialed number cannot potentially match another rule if more digits are entered the OBi will process the call immediately and not wait for additional digits.

An S suffix on a DigitMap rule followed by a number will override the wait period.
The OBi2xx has the option to globally change the default short and long timers.

(*xx|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1757>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port
DigitMaplongTimer: 1
DigitMapShortTimer: 1

The following will have zero delay:
1xxxxxxxxxx
<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx
*xx (any xx other than 12)

The following will have a 1 second delay:
*12    (can match *123 with additional digit)
[2-9]xxxxxx  (can match [2-9]xxxxxxxxx with additional digits)
011xx. (Ends with x.)

QuoteWhen I dial the 10 digit number followed by # and then go off-hook

The above assumes you always dial the number and then go off hook, so there is little delay between each dialed number. When dialing a 10 digit number you only have 1 second to dial 8th digit after entering the 7th digit. If you take longer, the call will prematurely go out as a 7 digit number. If you take longer on any other digit, the call will fail.

Adding digits will not affect the delay.

2Tall

Quote from: azrobert on November 25, 2017, 08:24:17 AM
I previously posted the following on another thread:
QuoteThe OBi analyzes each digit as they are received and will process the received digits immediately or wait for more digits depending on the rules in the DigitMap.

There are 2 timers.
The short timer is 2 seconds.
The long timer is 10 seconds.

If a dialed number only matches a rule ending with "x.", there will be a 10 second delay.
This is considered an Indefinite Match because "x." will match any number of digits and the long timer is used. The OBi doesn't know if you will enter additional digits, so it waits.

If the dialed number matches a rule without "x.", it will result in an Exact Match. If the dialed number can potentially match another rule if more digits are entered, the OBi will use the short timer of 2 seconds. If the dialed number cannot potentially match another rule if more digits are entered the OBi will process the call immediately and not wait for additional digits.

An S suffix on a DigitMap rule followed by a number will override the wait period.
The OBi2xx has the option to globally change the default short and long timers.

(*xx|*123|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1757>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.)

Physical Interfaces -> Phone1 Port
DigitMaplongTimer: 1
DigitMapShortTimer: 1

The following will have zero delay:
1xxxxxxxxxx
<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx
*xx (any xx other than 12)

The following will have a 1 second delay:
*12    (can match *123 with additional digit)
[2-9]xxxxxx  (can match [2-9]xxxxxxxxx with additional digits)
011xx. (Ends with x.)

Thank you very much, Robert, for taking the time to help me gain insight into how the DigitMap is structured. It has peaked my curiosity once again to the point of giving the DigitMap tutorials another shot.
2Tall