News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi110 line calls aren't being picked up

Started by newbi, December 01, 2017, 09:21:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

newbi

I'm setting up an obi110. Placing and receiving calls with google voice works well. However, I cannot seem to receive a call from the line input.

I would like line calls to ring the phone, and the default settings in Physical Interfaces - Line seem to suggest that an inbound line call should be sent to the phone. The default InboundCallRoute is "ph, ph2" (without quotes) which should ring my phone. However, the phone doesn't ring when I call the landline.

I have tried checking the "Enabled" parameter, reducing the "RingDelay" to zero, and messing with the ring detection parameters. No combination seems to ring my phone. Any advice would be appreciated!

drgeoff

1.  Check that the POTS line is connected to the OBi110.

1a. Dial a single # . Do you get dial tone from your POTS provider?

and/or

1b.  Point a browser at the OBi's address on your LAN, log in and look at the LINE port status.  Check that it shows about 50 volts.

2.  If above OK click on Status, Call History.  Are incoming or outgoing POTS calls showing there?

newbi

Thank you very much for the reply.

1. Checked, it is
1a. Yes
1b. Okay, I did this, and the voltage is about -50 Volts. This seems bad, any idea how I can change it?
2. I don't see incoming calls in the call history. Outgoing calls from LINE do seem show up.

drgeoff

Quote from: newbi on December 02, 2017, 11:49:36 PM
Thank you very much for the reply.

1. Checked, it is
1a. Yes
1b. Okay, I did this, and the voltage is about -50 Volts. This seems bad, any idea how I can change it?
2. I don't see incoming calls in the call history. Outgoing calls from LINE do seem show up.
-50 volts is fine.

Plug the telco line directly into a phone and confirm that incoming calls ring the phone.

newbi

I have done this, and I can make and receive calls when the phone is plugged directly into the telco line.

drgeoff

Hmm!

Put the Obi110 back in between the telco line and the phone.

From another phone, call the telco line while observing the OBi110 LINE LED (the one on the other end from the Power LED.)  It should flash while the LINE is being rung.

Also if you log in to the local interface and click on 'Phone & Line Status'  (as above) when the line is being rung it should show 'Ringing'.  Note that the web page does not auto update - you need to click 'Phone & Line Status' to capture the status at that moment.

What is the history of this OBi110?  Is it new from a reputable supplier or used from ebay or the like?

Is this an absolutely standard residential telco line as in a copper pair from your RBOC?

drgeoff

Try lower values of RingThreshold.