News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

New Obi200 - Is it really new?

Started by chilirock, December 05, 2017, 07:20:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chilirock

I ordered a new Obi200 from Newegg during the recent Black Friday deal to have as a spare in case my current device stops working. I noticed that the Obi number for the new device has an lower Obi sequence number than the one I bought two years ago. Does that seem strange? Does anyone know if the Obi numbers are sequential or meaningful?

Device purchased in Sept 2015: 5109XXXXX
Device purchased in Nov 2017: 5107XXXXX

I'm interested in hearing from others who has purchased multiple devices or anyone who may have insight into the pattern of the Obi numbers.

Thanks in advance.

Jackson

drgeoff

netmd

I have an obi100 currently it is functioning (eventually it is not going to work with gv?, whats the exact date how will the consumer actually know? keep guessing I guess...) however I went ahead and bought an obi200. New one has higher device number. So in a few years I have to go through this all over again?

btw. how many obi100/110 are deployed in service? Lots have issue with this ie. an old rotary telephone still works how many years is that? There is a higher expectation for telecom devices.

Now back off... :)

chilirock

Quote from: Jackson on December 05, 2017, 11:52:24 AM
My brand new one> 510 044 XXX

Thanks for the post. It looks like your's has an even lower Obi number. If others care to post the first few digits of their recently purchased Obi200's it would be interesting to see if there is any pattern.

Again, this is more of a curiosity than anything else. Thanks again for keeping on topic.

KevKan

Device purchased in November 2017:  5102xxxxx

sstvoip

Quote from: netmd on December 05, 2017, 04:32:01 PM
Now back off... :)

Mine stopped working yesterday. Now I have to upgrade from my OBi 110. It was a great device.