News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Where can I get the Obi 212

Started by yehob150, December 05, 2017, 08:23:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yehob150

Hey,

Looking to upgrade my 110 with the 212, but can't find it anywhere!
Not on Newegg, out of stock on Amazon, not even on eBay.
What gives?

OBiSupport

Hello,

Unfortunately, the OBi212 is currently out of stock. The product will be available for purchase in about 2-weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

Team Obihai.

GH-UpNorth

Quote from: OBiSupport on December 05, 2017, 02:45:37 PM
Hello,

Unfortunately, the OBi212 is currently out of stock. The product will be available for purchase in about 2-weeks.

Thank you for your patience.

Team Obihai.

Well, it's been over a month since your posting and the OBi212 still can't be found anywhere.  In the meantime, Polycom announced that it has acquired Obihai... could it be that Polycom has shelved the Obi212?

Mango

I'm doubtful the product was shelved.  Speaking from experience, when you're getting things manufactured overseas, there can be any number of reasons for a delay.

If you need an ATA with a 1FXS1FXO configuration right away, why not pick up an OBi110 for <$20 before the retailers realize there's new firmware and the devices are useful again?

ProfTech

A representative from Obihai is still saying they should be available in the next few weeks. http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13311.0 also one of the resellers is saying March 5 I think. Trouble is, it could be quite a while before the firmware is solid once they are available.

RFC3261

Quote from: Mango on January 25, 2018, 09:58:39 PM
I'm doubtful the product was shelved.  Speaking from experience, when you're getting things manufactured overseas, there can be any number of reasons for a delay.
Yeah, stuff happens with contract manufacturing.

A company has to request a run of
  • devices, for which they will guess the pending demand (you do not want to pay to have a bunch of devices made and then sitting in inventory (costs you money to make them, and then store)), which may be wrong.  If you sell out quickly, you may go back and make a new batch based on your new estimate, but you still tend to want to be a bit cautious.  Oh, and the shops doing the build may not have a slot available for the next run for a few weeks/months (they have customers from all over, unless you are a huge company, you do not get priority to move to the front of the queue).  And then sometimes the (spot) market for any part may not have any availability (I remember when Apple had cornered the market for flash memory, and if you wanted any you either had to pay 1000% or wait a long long long long time).

SteveInWA

The latest news I have to share is that the 202 and 212 should be back in stock in Amazon within a week, or sooner.