News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Is Obi100 + Google Voice now dead for good?

Started by turnstyle, December 05, 2017, 08:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveInWA

Quote from: vtsnaab on December 12, 2017, 02:55:23 PM
Tossing nasty pejoratives at long-time users is a very poor way to make friends on any forum.
(It is more likely to get such a hyper-critical user ignored when help may be needed.)
((This portion of that nastygram IS amusing however: "!!!111!!11"))

Actually worthy of note & more pertinent to the topic here is the message seen today in response to an attempt to sign up for GVGW:
QuoteSorry, we are temporarily not taking new users for the Google Voice Gateway

Hopefully whatever is behind this problem will be resolved soon so that folks can get their otherwise perfectly good OLD boxes back in fully functioning conditions with GV.

If you are lonely and need a friend, get a dog, and spare us the blah blah blah Citizens Band Radio chatting.

vtsnaab

Spoken by a true & constant source of disdain towards anything resembling friendliness !!

Go fish, friend - you are not a moderator here AFAIK, just a nasty troll.

Over & over again for a long time you have posted nasty replies to valid questions here.
Those nastygrams have masqueraded as being somewhat helpful while really aimed at making the other person certain of how worthless you consider them to be.
I have been the recipient of far too many such nastygrams from you.
My tolerance for such nastiness has gone on too long.
This reply is calling you out as a troll.
Any other response to such nastygrams you aim at this user will do it again and again if for the only purpose of showing others with my actions that no matter how high & holy you make yourself seem in the nastygrams - and no matter how you put others down - ALL you are doing is to expose yourself as acting like a nasty troll.

I have a good, full life; plenty of valued REAL (not just online) friends, and a very lovely dog, thanks.
You are NONE of those valued assets to me - and it is time you quit lashing out at other people who are either trying to help others, or just need some help themselves.

vtsnaab

Also, Bill Simon already posted an update, so you've been 100% exposed as making your nasty replies JUST for trolling & nothing more.
I forgive your nastiness however, because being/doing otherwise would require a connection with you, which is DEFINITELY nothing I desire in this lifetime, thanks.

koyao

I managed to get Obi100 work again with Google Voice, by setting up an Asterisk server + Motif.  I followed the instructions at:

https://hobbiesbytwinclouds.wordpress.com/2017/01/23/set-up-a-google-voice-telephone-server-based-on-asterisk-pbx-in-15-minutes/