News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

can two Obi200 devices be setup with just one Google voice number?

Started by onepolarbear, December 06, 2017, 07:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

onepolarbear

can two Obi200 devices be setup with just one Google voice number?

assuming they are in the same house(one upstairs, one downstairs) on the same network:

(1)
what will happen when someone calls that Google Voice number?  will both corded phones that are connected to the two Obi200 devices ring at the same time?   

(2)
What about outgoing calls?  If one is making an outgoing call, can the other one still make outgoing call?

Thanks!

drgeoff

Yes you can have two OBi2xx devices on one GV number.

Yes the phones on both will ring and a phone on either can take the call.

I'm not 100% certain on this one but yes I am under the impression that you can make an outgoing call on one while the other is on an incoming call.

GPz1100

I'm not sure that will work. From past testing with gvgw, I found that if 2 clients are set to the same X_XMPPPriority value, then the last one to log in will receive the call.  In my case, client A is asterisk, client B is a softphone which uses/used gvgw when the pbx is unavailable (down, updating, etc).  I had Bill change the setting on my account to a lower value than 127 (100), which achieved the desired result.  PBX would always ring unless actually down.  Then calls would automatically forward to simonics gw.

I think the OP might be better off with a master/slave setting maybe?

I suppose before doing anything out of the ordinary, the OP should just setting both obi's for the same account to see what the result is.

drgeoff

Quote from: GPz1100 on December 06, 2017, 11:45:38 AM
I'm not sure that will work. From past testing with gvgw, I found that if 2 clients are set to the same X_XMPPPriority value, then the last one to log in will receive the call.  In my case, client A is asterisk, client B is a softphone which uses/used gvgw when the pbx is unavailable (down, updating, etc).  I had Bill change the setting on my account to a lower value than 127 (100), which achieved the desired result.  PBX would always ring unless actually down.  Then calls would automatically forward to simonics gw.

I think the OP might be better off with a master/slave setting maybe?

I suppose before doing anything out of the ordinary, the OP should just setting both obi's for the same account to see what the result is.
It works with OBi2xx devices and OBi phones connected directly to GV.  it did not work with OBi1x0 devices but that is now moot.

GPz1100

I wonder how they do that, or if one detects the presence of the other on the network and forwards the call.

SteveInWA

All current OBi products (excluding the non-GV 300 models) are capable of multiple connections to the same Google account.  There is no magic being done by Google to accomplish this.  Every OBi device that is authenticated to the same Google account will ring simultaneously, and two of them can make outbound calls at the same time.

MooseMan

I have this configuration at two locations right now - however I'm having a problem. My original location is making calls and receiving calls, but when I pick the phone up, it doesn't connect. I'm trying to figure out what that is about.