News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

PhonePower Discount OBi Deals May Be Gone

Started by ceg3, December 08, 2017, 01:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ceg3

While working with a PP support guy today, he told me to no longer use OBiTALK to setup my service and provided instructions for setting up by way of IP. He also said the two OBi plans are gone and I suggested that I guess I'm grandfathered in.  I just renewed last month.  He said this is why I'm having ongoing issues and why to not use OBiTALK. When I asked if I can quote him on the ended plans he said didn't have the authority to do so and I said I would not use his name.

As always, there is a real possibility he knew what he was talking about and a possibility he is not as informed as he thinks.  I was able to follow his emailed instructions and got my service working again.

I confess I should be a lot smarter on VOIP, considering how long I've use an OBi, but I seem to learn it and then immediately forget it.  I'm not sure if it is the case, but after setting up my PP service from the web I tried to use OBiTALK to setup my Simonics GVGW again, but it's not working.  I am assuming this has to do  with the PP configs.  I am trying to get an answer to that from PP.

Later:  apparently the PP setup removes the OBi from OBiTALK and dedicates it the PP service.  In an attempt to re-enable GV account I started over and realized I can't add it to the dedicated device.  I decided go ahead with the PP setup, but now after resetting my OBI all the changes won't save even if logged in.  I am just about bald at this point from pulling my hair out.  This is stuff is just too hard and too complicated for the average person.  About ready to shit can PP, because I realize now they broke my service, unless I dedicate my OBi, with no notice.  I have been having ongoing issues, because of the change in the PP, Obihai relationship.