News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

ringtones obi1062

Started by MatthewF, December 09, 2017, 11:00:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatthewF

I was surprised at the process to change the ringtones on my obi1062. Have played with this quite a bit and have found the following.

The only setting in the obiexpertconfig that makes a difference is silence.  (Voice Services->SPx Service->X_DefaultRing). All the other options (1-10) make no difference.

On the phone itself under the settings menu there is a ringtones setting which allows you to change the ringtone file played. By default it plays what it calls Office A.wav. I can use that setting to change the ring tone but the choices are quite limited and were too "cell phone" ish for my liking. The manual explains a way of sending ringtone files to the machine but it seems like quite a bit of hassle.

I'm documenting this as I wasn't able to find this information in the manual or on google (maybe I missed it?). Anyway, if others have corrections to what I wrote, please share. If anyone knows of a simpler way to get a new ringtone on the phone, please respond with that information.

azrobert

Set the ringtone to "Bell C.dat" then the phone will use X_DefaultRing.
Setting X_RingProfile to "B" will give you an additional 10 ring patterns.
Any ring pattern can be modified.

Can't help you on downloading other ringtones.

MatthewF

Setting the ringtone to "Bell C.dat" worked. Thank you. (Unfortunately I guess I am picky as I didn't like the sound of those rings either!)