News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Digit map help (for outbound and inbound calls)

Started by Orson, December 14, 2017, 01:41:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orson

My elderly mother keeps calling her old home number every time she wants to reach me, so I want to have that number auto-forward to my cell number. Since I don't want to publish those numbers on the internet, for this example let's route the number 411 to 1 619 239 5464 (it's a Mojo Nixon song reference, btw, not a real number).

After reading through the digit map guide and admin guide all afternoon and rebooting the OBI202 multiple times I cannot get this to work. I need to see one contiguous example rather than the scattershot examples Obihai provides in the manuals.

This is my best guess, based on the manuals:

User Defined Digit Map2:
Label: elvis
DigitMap: (<411:> 1 619 239 5464)

PHONE1 Port:
OutboundCallRoute: {(Melvis):sp1},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<#:>):ph2},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

(I just inserted the first "Melvis" rule at the beginning, everything after the first comma is the default.)

What is the proper syntax to get this to work?
------------
(A few months ago I was trying to make the phone give a distinctive ring for specific inbound numbers. I got this to work with an old Grandstream in just minutes but I fought this on the OBI202 all day and got nowhere, so some help on this would be appreciated as well.)

drgeoff

Forget the User Defined Digit Map. Insert
<411:16192395464>|
immediately after the opening ( of the Phone1 Port Digit Map.
Revert the Phone1 Port OutboundCallRoute to whatever you previously had that worked when dialling 11 digit numbers. ie delete the {(Melvis):sp1},

As for the distinctive ring for inbound calls from specific numbers, I think that is not possible on an OBi ATA. You can direct them to the PHONE2 port and have a second phone with a different ring or a two-line phone with different rings on the two lines.

Or some phones can be programmed to recognise specific numbers and ring differently.

azrobert

Quote from: Orson on December 14, 2017, 01:41:56 PM
(A few months ago I was trying to make the phone give a distinctive ring for specific inbound numbers. I got this to work with an old Grandstream in just minutes but I fought this on the OBI202 all day and got nowhere, so some help on this would be appreciated as well.)

The OBi202 isn't designed for this feature, but you can use a hack to accomplish distinctive ring by caller. You define a dummy trunk with the distinctive ring then loop the selected calls out and back into this trunk.

OBi202 Setup:
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> ProxyServerPort: 5063
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile D -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : Checked

Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_DefaultRing: 2
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> AuthUserName: OBi202
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: D
Voice Services -> SP4 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {(12223334444|15556667777):sp4},{ph}

127.0.0.1 is a loopback IP address
5063 is the port number for SP4
CallerIDs 1222333444 and 15556667777 are routed out SP4 and looped back into SP4 getting ring pattern #2.
All other calls will get the SP1 default ring pattern #1.